Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

CleVOLander:
Any way to incorporate a stripe like this (the one behind the helmet) down the side of the shirt and pants. I think having the orange stripe with white outlines through the checkerboard gives it a hard edge.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I should be able to do that with little difficulty. I'll see how quickly I can mock this up. : )>

The elephant threw, trampled, and killed this hotel employee (who was feeding her) in Kingsport. The citizens of Kingsport panicked, claiming it was a killing machine and even had a cop unload a full magazine into the elephant, which did nothing. They didn't have a crane big enough to hang the elephant in Kingsport, so they shipped it to Erwin.

Or at least that's my understanding of it...

Yep, that's pretty much the story. Erwin was/is a railroad town so they had the equipment to do the job.

We always heard they tried to shoot it, then tried electricity. Settled on hanging as the last resort.

I had a great uncle that worked in the yards that was in on that. He never did understand the big deal. Seemed no different that slaughtering hogs or something like that. He never could remember what they did with the thing.

I know my dad said my Papaw would keep them busy when he was little by hinting at places to dig where the elephant might have been buried. Kept the kids busy and wore them out....

Last edited:
I don't know if it's been said or not, but with the coaching change, hopefully we don't have to look at our staff's 1980's bowling uniforms every saturday.

Anyone that thinks Adidas didn't do a good job with our jerseys last year must not have watched the games. They finally got the orange right and the unis looked sweet.

I agree but their fan gear absolutely sucks outside of their scorch gear. Nike and UA make the better Hats, TShirts and shorts. I buy Nike UT Stuff whenever they have it out, they just dont make alot of it. Would love to get Nike or UA.

Reactions: 1 person
Adidas pays Tennessee something like 30-40% more than Nike or UA would. No way Hart turns down that kind of money right now.

Adidas pays Tennessee something like 30-40% more than Nike or UA would. No way Hart turns down that kind of money right now.

Bet that could change by time negotiations come back around. I dont know if UT gets a cut of Fan Gear sold but I guarantee Nike and UA would sell alot more than Adidas has. Adidas Hats and fangear are nowhere on the level the other 2 could come up with.

Bet that could change by time negotiations come back around. I dont know if UT gets a cut of Fan Gear sold but I guarantee Nike and UA would sell alot more than Adidas has. Adidas Hats and fangear are nowhere on the level the other 2 could come up with.

Don't hold your breath, Nike is not in the habit of passing out deals similar to the one UT has with Adidas (more money, all sports covered, etc).

As for some supposed surge in sales with Nike, I highly doubt there is some huge untapped reserve of fans just dying to buy UT fan gear just because its Nike...if only they could get out from under the thumb of Adidas.

Right now, you can buy UT gear by Adidas, Columbia, Cutter/Buck, Ping, Titleist, '47, New Era, Mitchell and Ness, any number of local brands, several women's brands I'm not familiar with...and even Nike in some cases.

Sure, I understand some people want more Nike gear. But the vast, vast majority want UT gear regardless of brand.

FWIW, UA's 'fan gear' is absolute trash.

It didn't last time, and at the time of the last negotiation, we were coming off of an SEC East Championship in football, sustained success in men's basketball and a national title in women's basketball.

What makes you think they would offer a program in our current state more than they did back then?

Reactions: 2 people
CleVOLander!

Those who are amazed at your work patiently (or not so patiently) await.

:compute: :bump3:

Under Armour or Nike would be awesome!

I enjoy our traditional look its nice but we have had it for sooooo long.
I would like to see us bring in brand new uniforms!

Helmets:
Primary:Original/ orange facemask alt
Secondary:Orange Helmet white T White Facemask

Jerseys: add some stripes on them somewhere.

Last edited:
Under Armour or Nike would be awesome!

I enjoy our traditional look its nice but we have had it for sooooo long.
I would like to see us bring in brand new uniforms!

Helmets:
Primary:Original/ orange facemask alt
Secondary:Orange Helmet white T White Facemask

Jerseys: add some stripes or something unique to.stand out maybe chexkerboard numbers.

Just be really nice to add some creativity to.us so we stand out.

Failage

Reactions: 2 people
There's nothing wrong with Adidas and there's nothing wrong with tradition. Some of these schools opting for alternate and unconventional jerserys have their players looking like idiots. I'm in my 30's and I love tradition.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back