Undrafted Free Agents

Most of them will probably end up as practice squad players. I think the league minimum is around 200k. Nice gig.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, JJ is the poster player for how to pointlessly screw up your life. SMH over BB.

Hope Jackson enjoyed his weed. It cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars whereas a few beers would have cost under 20 bucks

Reactions: 2 people
Most of them will probably end up as practice squad players. I think the league minimum is around 200k. Nice gig.

Do not think practice squad guys get paid league minimum. Had a friend who was on the packers practice squad a few years back and he said he made 75k plus they paid for his apartment. still not bad to do what you love.

Bryce Brown is a joke. Whoever made the decision to draft him is an idiot.
I bet Janzen Jacksons family is very disgusted. Sick even. Imagine the disappointment.
I sure hope Poole earns himself a spot somewhere.

Double negative...
the statement or BB??

I bet Janzen Jacksons family is very disgusted. Sick even. Imagine the disappointment.
I sure hope Poole earns himself a spot somewhere.

Disgusted about rank/draft?? or the fact the he Blew a $$$$$$ contract????

Do not think practice squad guys get paid league minimum. Had a friend who was on the packers practice squad a few years back and he said he made 75k plus they paid for his apartment. still not bad to do what you love.

:

Each NFL team may keep up to eight members on its "practice squad" in addition to the 53-member main roster. They consist mostly of rookies who were cut in training camps and borderline NFL-caliber players. Both rookies and young veterans are eligible for the practice squad. However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons, or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience (six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list.) If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad. Games in which a player is listed as the third-string quarterback (a designation that has been abolished as of 2011) do not count as being on the active list.[1]

Practice squad players practice alongside regular roster players during the week, but they are not allowed to play in actual games. They can be paid considerably less than active squad players: The minimum salary from 2008 to 2010 is $5,200 per week (2008-2010)[1] for 17 weeks, or $88,400 per season, in comparison to the NFL minimum rookie salary of $285,000. Some practice squad players are paid considerably more, however. In 2006, the New England Patriots paid third-year player Billy Yates the full $425,000 he would have earned on the active roster.

Players can be promoted to the active roster of their current team or to that of any other team. They have free agent status and can sign with any team they wish without compensation to the original team, if they are released from the practice squad. Additionally, the NFL has a program through which foreign players may be assigned to teams' practice squads, called the International Practice Squad Program.

Hope Jackson enjoyed his weed. It cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars whereas a few beers would have cost under 20 bucks

This just goes to prove how stupid the marijuana laws in this country are. If a kid smokes weed, it will cost him practically his whole career, despite the fact that alcohol is far more dangerous, debilitating, and destructive. Our country is fine with sending kids to jail for a few years and ensuring they NEVER get a college education, while beer advertisers are all over the NFL.

Sorry about going off on a rant like that, but I felt like it needed to be said. Good luck to all these guys in the NFL.

No, the Eagles made a smart decision on drafting him. He clearly showed potential in high school and his freshman year here. Yes, he didn't do much at Kansas but we don't know all of the circumstances here. The eagles took a low risk pick in him, he has the chance of being a steal if he pans out but if not then they cut him after never putting that much money into him.

No, the Eagles made a smart decision on drafting him. He clearly showed potential in high school and his freshman year here. Yes, he didn't do much at Kansas but we don't know all of the circumstances here. The eagles took a low risk pick in him, he has the chance of being a steal if he pans out but if not then they cut him after never putting that much money into him.

I bet $10,000 virtual dollars that he quits.

This just goes to prove how stupid the marijuana laws in this country are. If a kid smokes weed, it will cost him practically his whole career, despite the fact that alcohol is far more dangerous, debilitating, and destructive. Our country is fine with sending kids to jail for a few years and ensuring they NEVER get a college education, while beer advertisers are all over the NFL.

Sorry about going off on a rant like that, but I felt like it needed to be said. Good luck to all these guys in the NFL.

It actually goes to show how stupid Janzen is. All he had to do was stop smoking for 1 season of football and he would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Reactions: 3 people
I seriously doubt weed cost jj anything

More likely prescription pain meds, if jj got kicked off for failing for weed then half the team would have been kicked By now

It actually goes to show how stupid Janzen is. All he had to do was stop smoking for 1 season of football and he would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds.

I agree with both of you.

The laws we have on marijuana are stupid, beyond stupid in my opinion. But at the same time if I knew millions were waiting me if I stopped smoking ganja, well....

Yeah, I think that most people can agree that weed laws are stupid, but they are still laws.

It's a discipline issue. Show some restraint sometimes. Getting high isn't THAT crucial.

And to get CAUGHT you have to be pretty loose about it in the first place.

I seriously doubt weed cost jj anything

More likely prescription pain meds, if jj got kicked off for failing for weed then half the team would have been kicked By now

None of this is close to true..Its much easier to get prescription meds and as much pain as these guys stay in I'm sure its expected they stay on those and that won't get them kicked off like weed would.

If I were an owner/coach/whatever, I would expect potential NFL players to EARN their way into the league. I would NOT want a lazy quitter anywhere close to my locker room. But that's just me.

VN Store

Back