Underrated Freshmen from the 2017 recruiting class

So if we had complete "NFL Talent" at linebacker who were all true freshmen, we would have the best linebacking core right now?

Evidently yes.

Let's look at D4H's logic in reverse here. It was reported over the weekend that Jason Croom was working with the first team up in Buffalo....since Croom is now an "NFL talent", I guess that now means that he was a great WR/TE at Tennessee and had a great college career?

Reactions: 2 people
Evidently yes.

Let's look at D4H's logic in reverse here. It was reported over the weekend that Jason Croom was working with the first team up in Buffalo....since Croom is now an "NFL talent", I guess that now means that he was a great WR/TE at Tennessee and had a great college career?

That's why you don't have a mock draft on a message board. :nono: It's not about stats or a college "career". It's about glancing at a highlight, guesstimating how long and athletic and declaring greatness before the Hot Pocket finishes. :)

You might be surprised to hear this, but we don't have those caliber of players anymore. Dobbs, Sutton, and Kamara were once in a generation type of players.

Its highly unlikely we ever have that sort of concentrated future NFL Hall of Fame talent playing together ever again. We still have a lot of future NFL talent on the roster. I just don't see any more Perennial All-Pros. We do have a couple of guys with pro-bowl potential still on the roster. But I don't see a Dobbs, Sutton, or Kamara. Guys who will be the best players at their position in the NFL for a number of years.

Wow! This might go down as one of the dumbest posts ever on Volnation! Do you realize what kind of statement you just made? Once in a generation? Really! So you seriously think we won't have anyone drafter in the top 4 rounds of the NFL draft over the next 4 years? I can tell you right now that Kirkland, Tuttle, McKenzie, Warrior, Jennings, Smith, Robertson just to name a few of the potential top 4 round draft picks. I'm not saying Kamara, Sutton, and Dobbs were not good college football players but to say that there isn't that type of talent currently on our roster is pure ignorance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back