Underage Citations In Knoxville.

Did any of you guys ever recieve a citation for underage consumption during your time at UT? If so, what happened. I got one last night on the Strip and was just curious as to what the process entails. I'm pissed because I wasn't drunk or causing attention to myself but whatever I'll handle it. Life goes on.

Were you drinking alcohol? It's underage consumption. You don't have to be drunk.
Go to court and throw yourself at the mercy of the court. You will come out alot better off.

Were you drinking alcohol? It's underage consumption. You don't have to be drunk.
Go to court and throw yourself at the mercy of the court. You will come out alot better off.

No need to throw yourself at the mercy of the court. They will pretty much automatically give you a chance to take an alcohol awareness class, then come back and show proof that its dismissed. PS - Never take legal advice from a cop

I was walking in the Fort one night with a beer in my hand and 2 bike cops showed up and took it. I don't think I got a ticket though.

You must have been wasted if you can't remember if you got a ticket. And are you sure those were two "cops" on bikes or were you walking around The Carousel?

Did you get thrown in jail?

My sophomore year, the cops started taking kids to jail for underage (which they would also charge w public intox). A number of my friends were booked.

That's the truth, because I saw a few college girls in the Busted paper for underage drinking. Silly...

That's the truth, because I saw a few college girls in the Busted paper for underage drinking. Silly...

Seriously. I understand the drinking age is 21 in this country but come on. I was not hurting anyone or being a disturbance to the public. It just sucks...oh well life goes on
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A couple girls were taken away in the Paddywagon from Tin Roof tonight. Apparently they had fakes and yelled at a bouncer. Not smart. Probably dropped them off at home with an underage consumption citation.

Seriously. I understand the drinking age is 21 in this country but come on. I was not hurting anyone or being a disturbance to the public. It just sucks...oh well life goes on
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If you're old enough to die for your country and old enough to vote for the President, then you're old enough to drink. Either lower the drinking age, or raise the voting and enlistment age requirement.

If he didn't actually see you drinking anything, then just tell the judge you weren't drinking. Either deny that you ever admitted to the officer that you were drinking, or that he misunderstood you and that you never made such a statement. I would imagine it is his word against yours, and most judges that I've ever gone before just want to move things along especially with citations like these. Just be respectful, dress nice, and deny you were drinking said night.

VN Store

Back