Unable to recruit RB's for 2016

Legit concern considering many of the top end RB's are making commitments to other programs right now.

There is time and Jones has flipped guys before. Some will take a wait and see approach which would be my angle if I were in Jones' shoes.

IMHO, the odds for landing a top end RB go way up if the OL performs and Hurd/Kamara post big numbers.

It will also help if some of the programs UT is competing against have a disappointing year while UT "surprises" with a 9 or 10 win season.
Agreed!

Let's look at this thread another way. Who are the top three backs for which Tennessee is in good shape?

We should try to sign one 5* RB every year if possible to try and keep up with the 2 or 3 AL and GA sign each year. Plus, not everyone of those 5* backs will pan out, maybe 3 out of 4.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's look at this thread another way. Who are the top three backs for which Tennessee is in good shape?

Have you ever seen a running back class this thin? I just took a look at the top running backs on 247:

2016 Football Top Running Backs

Walker is the top running back, but just #29 overall. So, no RB's in the top 28 overall players, and just two RB's in the top 100.

Reactions: 2 people
Have you ever seen a running back class this thin? I just took a look at the top running backs on 247:

2016 Football Top Running Backs

Walker is the top running back, but just #29 overall. So, no RB's in the top 28 overall players, and just two RB's in the top 100.
Fair point. I think it's a bit of a down year for the position overall.

Are we getting some football forum transplants over here or something? The past few days have been ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
Not even the RB committed to the tennessee school of beauty wants to play for us. Take a break lol long way til signing day

Are we getting some football forum transplants over here or something? The past few days have been ridiculous.

Why because people want to discuss the fact that we don't have any commits at running back, which is widely considered a position of need? I think the o-line angle is misplaced but you don't think it's a worthy discussion otherwise?

There's no reason for full meltdown in July, but I certainly think it's worth discussing. As one poster mentioned, it's not a great class for running backs overall, but I also don't see a bunch of guys we're in on that I feel really good about. Do you?

Relax, everything will be fine with the new offense Debord is installing. Once AK & Hurd are gone we'll shift completely to a no back offense.

We have Kelly and Young to back up Hurd and Kamara. We also have Ralph David Abernathy for this year to spell either back and Pig in the slot. We will be fine. Both Kelly and Young are adequate backs.

Relax, everything will be fine with the new offense Debord is installing. Once AK & Hurd are gone we'll shift completely to a no back offense.

Maybe you oughtta watch a few games coordinated under him before you commit to that wide leap. :unsure:

One of the last 7 Doak Walker winners were Rivals 250 members (Trent Richardson being the exception). Lets not pretend like we need a top 100 RB. We will take 1 RB in this class and it will be a very solid RB.

Unless we land a transfer, I fully expect us to take 2 rbs. We severely lack depth there.

Unless we land a transfer, I fully expect us to take 2 rbs. We severely lack depth there.

I think we take 1 HB in 2016 and 2 in 2017. I don't know why people forget that Kelly is a beast and Young was the 2015 classes' equivalent of Emmanuel Moseley. We have 5 scholarship HB's on the roster for 2015.

Then, on our roster for 2016 we'll have:
Hurd-Junior
Kamara-Redshirt Junior
Kelly-Sophomore
Young-Redshirt Freshman/Sophomore
2016 Commit-Freshman

So, we'll have 5 solid HB's in 2016. Then, get 2 in 2017 (Hopefully Richardson and Chandler) in case Hurd or Kamara goes pro after their Junior year. But, I really think at least 1, if not both, will stay until they graduate.

I think we take 1 HB in 2016 and 2 in 2017. I don't know why people forget that Kelly is a beast and Young was the 2015 classes' equivalent of Emmanuel Moseley. We have 5 scholarship HB's on the roster for 2015.

Then, on our roster for 2016 we'll have:
Hurd-Junior
Kamara-Redshirt Junior
Kelly-Sophomore
Young-Redshirt Freshman/Sophomore
2016 Commit-Freshman

So, we'll have 5 solid HB's in 2016. Then, get 2 in 2017 (Hopefully Richardson and Chandler) in case Hurd or Kamara goes pro after their Junior year. But, I really think at least 1, if not both, will stay until they graduate.

You're assuming this kid who has yet to play a down is the next Emmanuel Mosely? Come on....

If we want to be elite in sec u sign a game changing rb every year not just a good back. That is proof in stats of elite teams for past 10 years. Its a bad year for elite backs so yes should be some area of concern

But you have to win first in most cases to get those elite backs.

VN Store

Back