UGA's Floyd Trash-talker Elite.(Red and Black)

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
though the Tennessee offense has worked well against the Georgia defense over the past few seasons, this game does present a matchup that fairs favorably for Georgia. Between 2013 and 2014, Tennessee replaced all five of its starters on the offensive line to lackluster success. The Volunteers are tied for last place in the SEC in sacks allowed with nine, a statistic that matches up well against Georgia’s eight team sacks, the fourth-highest team total in the conference.
Floyd said he was unaware of this fact before Monday and when he was made aware could not hide his excitement about how he expects the team will fare against the inexperienced Volunteers front.
“Oh yeah,” Floyd said in response to the statistic. “That’s good news for me and Georgia.”
Protection will be key for a Tennessee offense that has put up 496 yards through the air over the last two times it has played Georgia. If senior quarterback Justin Worley is afforded time in the pocket, he may be able to shred the Georgia secondary, as he has already thrown for six touchdowns in the young season and is averaging 240.3 passing yards per game.
To Floyd, however, Worley won’t be afforded that time, or any for that matter.
“He won’t have any time Saturday,” Floyd said.

If I was Butch, I would have JW hurl a deep pass off of play-action to start the game. Whether it was completed or not it would serve notice that UGA better not cheat toward the box this game.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm glad to hear he's so confident. It can only serve as motivation for our OL. The game will be played on the field.

...yada yada yada...

Floyd was a no show last year and I expect him to remain the same. The last time I seen him Neal was running away from him. That was all I remember of Floyd

Maybe this is pure arrogance but how come Tennessee players never exhibit this kind of confidence. Now don't get me wrong he is going to look like a fool if they don't get many sacks or much pressure. It's just the fact they sound confident, and we sound like a bunch of coach speak we are always talking up teams like Arky state and Utah State as to how great they are. If they played a team like Georgia they would be laughing during interviews.
(I'll add the picture of the tweet below)

Ok well it's not letting me upload the picture of the tweet but it says.

Is Justin Worley a threat if you give him time in the pocket? Leonard Floyd said "he isn't gonna have any time"

Ok well it's not letting me upload the picture of the tweet but it says.

Is Justin Worley a threat if you give him time in the pocket? Leonard Floyd said "he isn't gonna have any time"

Not worried, half of their players will have to report back to their cells by halftime..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Chatt-townVOL, you are absolutely correct. Butch's methodology also promotes confidence but, in so doing, he inspires an indomitable esprit de corps. Butch also will go out of his way to avoid providing opponents any bulletin board material. His caution in this respect isn't fundamentally dissimilar from Bear Bryant's tendency to badmouth his own team while simultaneously building up his opponent, even if he knew he was probably going to beat that opponent by five touchdowns.

Reactions: 3 people
though the Tennessee offense has worked well against the Georgia defense over the past few seasons, this game does present a matchup that fairs favorably for Georgia. Between 2013 and 2014, Tennessee replaced all five of its starters on the offensive line to lackluster success. The Volunteers are tied for last place in the SEC in sacks allowed with nine, a statistic that matches up well against Georgia’s eight team sacks, the fourth-highest team total in the conference.
Floyd said he was unaware of this fact before Monday and when he was made aware could not hide his excitement about how he expects the team will fare against the inexperienced Volunteers front.
“Oh yeah,” Floyd said in response to the statistic. “That’s good news for me and Georgia.”
Protection will be key for a Tennessee offense that has put up 496 yards through the air over the last two times it has played Georgia. If senior quarterback Justin Worley is afforded time in the pocket, he may be able to shred the Georgia secondary, as he has already thrown for six touchdowns in the young season and is averaging 240.3 passing yards per game.
To Floyd, however, Worley won’t be afforded that time, or any for that matter.
“He won’t have any time Saturday,” Floyd said.

Sounds like good locker room material to me. Coach Mahoney should make a poster of this comment and hang it above the OL's lockers.

Reactions: 2 people
you got to remember that 5 of those sacks were against No. 4 Oklahoma,I don't think Georgia has that good of a defensive line as Oklahoma ,they are good,but not real sure how they compare to Okie

and it did look like UTs Offensive line was playing a lot better toward the end of that game,the turn overs really hurt bad for Worley and company

the starting 5 are supposedly set for the Vols,which means they should of had 2 weeks of working together and hopefully coached up a bit,the talent is there,but they are young and haven't played together as a group other than against Oklahoma

hopefully they will improve on there communication and show a marked improvement come Saturday and keep Worley off his ass and give him time to look down field and make some passes

I'm not sure at all what will happen with UTs run game,I know Worley needs to keep the ball and run some,but he won't be able to survive the year with the punishment he has been receiving

you got to remember that 5 of those sacks were against No. 4 Oklahoma,

I think 2 things (besides just talent on OU's line) accounted for all the hurry ups and sacks against the Sooners:
(1) Vols couldn't run and, thus, set up obvious passing situations.
(2) CROWD NOISE - Jackson had to look back on every play and tap Crowder so that he knew it was fine to snap the ball. Varying the snap count keeps the DL honest and gives the OL the advantage. OU was able to jump off the snap just as soon as our OL were (our guys had to wait for the center to snap it due to the noise). I think it would have been a very different game in Knoxville and next year we get to return the compliment to them. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
good points CroKev,it was a huge stage for UTs young players and going against the 3rd/4th ranked team in the nation,I thought they did a pretty good job considering all the youth on the team,the turn overs and lack of a good special team play,killed them

hopefully the Vols will return the favor next year :)

VN Store

Back