UF Spring Game

Dan Mullen took Mississippi State to the number 1 ranking in the country. Yeah he had Dak, but it’s still Miss State. Let that sink in. He’s a good coach.

He was 12 for 18 against the first team in scrimmage

I also love UTs QBs esp since they don’t have a Dan Mullen on that side of the ball
If you don't score, I win. I'll take defense all day long and twice on Saturday.

Wasn’t one a long touchdown to former player Lawrence Wright (ran off the sideline) to spur the crowd after crappy offensive play? I know your other QB did the same to a former player and had a 60 yard TD run against your defense untouched.

You are correct. Both offenses looked like crap.

I scored a TD yesterday...and from appearances I’ve gained approximately 45 pounds since 1996. :)

And Franks’ TD run was a joke. It would have been a 15 yard gain at best in a real game.

Dan Mullen took Mississippi State to the number 1 ranking in the country. Yeah he had Dak, but it’s still Miss State. Let that sink in. He’s a good coach.

He’s a good coach but is he great. Good isn’t good enough at Florida.

I guess we will find out.

We all want championships.
It just seems the university of Florida also wants them. My university is not as committed to championships as Florida.

Doesnt matter if UF has a QB or not. UF hasnt had a QB since Tebow. UF owns us in football and it really doesnt matter who they put on the field.

We already tried the highly touted defensive coordinator from a national title winning program with no head coaching experience.

I’m good with Mullen.

But Bob Stoops didn’t...oh nm, my bad. :hi:

If you don't score, I win. I'll take defense all day long and twice on Saturday.

UF fans had that for a few years and zero offense it gets old pretty fast unless the defense is awesome and the offense at least shows up enough or in the right situations like 2012

Still getting whooped by Louisville put a damper on the whole thing even after finishing 3rd in polls and 11-1 before that game and still top 10 after

Last edited:
I know it always pisses me off when people won't stop talking as I'm trying to watch aristocratic, European ballroom dances.

102455, 6 seconds, champions of life very very individual resilience mental reps talk talk talk i still need therapy over Botch

Finished 2nd in the SEC West, Highest he finished any othere year was 4th if I am not mistaken.

Great accoplishment for him at MSU but hardly a proven comodity as a head coach. He may be great at Florida but I would pump the brakes a little, I would be saying the same thing if he was at Tennessee.

SEC east champs in 2 years or you may be hiring a new coach in year 3! Just off your track record!

none of those buffoons are the quarterback Zak Prescott was or is....

You mean 3* recruit Dak Prescott who got offers LSU, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas and TCU?

As if Prescott was some can’t miss, 5* Tim Tebow/Deshaun Watson clone who required little to no coaching or development on Mullen’s part. :eek:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You mean 3* recruit Dak Prescott who got offers LSU, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas and TCU?

As if Prescott was some can’t miss, 5* Tim Tebow/Deshaun Watson clone who required little to no coaching or development on Mullen’s part. :eek:lol:

Mullen can develop QBs that is a fact! But it also has to be a QB that fits his system I beleive, Not sure he will adjust his system that much for a different QB. JMHO!

Finished 2nd in the SEC West, Highest he finished any othere year was 4th if I am not mistaken.

Great accoplishment for him at MSU but hardly a proven comodity as a head coach. He may be great at Florida but I would pump the brakes a little, I would be saying the same thing if he was at Tennessee.

SEC east champs in 2 years or you may be hiring a new coach in year 3! Just off your track record!

I just think that any coach that can get Miss State to that level of play while Bama is in a historic run, Ole Miss was playing very well under Freeze, LSU and Auburn always have talent and A&M had Manziel and tons of great skill guys it’s pretty impressive. I think UF got their guy. Now hopefully we have ours as well and the Big 3 in the East can be competitive year in and year out with the West .

Mullen can develop QBs that is a fact! But it also has to be a QB that fits his system I beleive, Not sure he will adjust his system that much for a different QB. JMHO!

I don’t disagree with any of that, I was countering the lazy take from Otis regarding Dak Prescott.

Outside of Emory Jones, who isn’t ready yet, we don’t have a QB who fits Mullen’s system perfectly. Franks doesn’t have it between the ears to read defenses, and I fear Trask won’t make opposing defenses respect the QB keeping on the read option.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back