U18 3x3

Sidney Cooks, a TN recruiting target, is playing live now.

After two games, Cooks is second in scoring for USA, with 11 points. Amber Ramirez has 14 points. Out of about 80 kids, Cooks is 13th in scoring and Ramirez is seventh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
USA wins second game 21 to 15 over Poland. I really like Ramirez wish she was a Lady Vol. To bad Texas Christian already has her. She wasn't even listed in the top 100 and has been huge for the 3x3 team.

Last edited:
Looking at the results, it appears that every team in the pool the US is in has a 1-1 record. Winning the next two would guarantee a top two finish in pool play.

Getting to the medal games might be a little more difficult. USA went into the games seeded 7th and the teams seeded 1, 5, 6, 9, 11 and 12 are 2-0 and the brackets would have the US playing the C1 team, which looks to be either France or China.

Jim

Looking at the results, it appears that every team in the pool the US is in has a 1-1 record. Winning the next two would guarantee a top two finish in pool play.

Getting to the medal games might be a little more difficult. USA went into the g
ames seeded 7th and the teams seeded 1, 5, 6, 9, 11 and 12 are 2-0 and the brackets would have the US playing the C1 team, which looks to be either France or China.

Jim

Hey Jim. I believe that those numbers next to the team are just the team's number and not their seeding.
Andorra is #2 and they're traditionally the worst team in these competitions.

Hey Jim. I believe that those numbers next to the team are just the team's number and not their seeding.
Andorra is #2 and they're traditionally the worst team in these competitions.

Looking at the way the initial pool setting is accomplished under the competition format, the red number in the parentheses is the initial team seeding. This was apparently established as of May 1 based on the 3x3 Federation Ranking, whatever that is.

Jim

I had no idea there was a 3x3 under 18 national FIBA tourney. Thanks for posting.

Burdick was on a team that won it in the summer before her senior year. I can't recall the others that were on her team.

I believe Tiffany Mitchell, Jewel Lloyd and Sara Hammond were on the team with C.Burdick.
The team wasn't very tall, (Burdick and Hammond were 6-2)
They played smart. Having very athletic guards, Lloyd (5-9) and Mitchell (5-11) was also a key to this teams victory over taller competition.

Reactions: 1 person
US won both their remaining pool games; their quarter final game against China, their semi final game, and will play France for the Gold Medal Game at 9:45 AM (EDT) today(Sunday).

Megan Walker scored a combined 24 points in the quarter and semi final. She is doing whatever she wants to do against this competition. Whoever gets her at the college level will be very fortunate.

I'm thinking Notre Dame may be the favorite for her although she likes UConn as well. One of those two seems certain. Cooks has scored 29 points would love to see her be a Lady Vol.

France 21 USA 12 not even close. Their team has played together so much and they have everything you need in 3x3 big strong post and marvelous three point shooter. Good showing by the USA team to come back and take the silver.

France 21 USA 12 not even close. Their team has played together so much and they have everything you need in 3x3 big strong post and marvelous three point shooter. Good showing by the USA team to come back and take the silver.

Totally agree. Gaye, the big girl for France, could not be stopped down low. The US needed a much more physical presence if they hoped to stop her.
France's wins in both the quarters and semi's we're by only 1 point. But they blew us out.
The next defense that Ramirez plays will be her first.

USA wins second game 21 to 15 over Poland. I really like Ramirez wish she was a Lady Vol. To bad Texas Christian already has her. She wasn't even listed in the top 100 and has been huge for the 3x3 team.
Amber Ramirez is a consensus top 15 player. She was ranked 11th by Prospects Nation and BlueStar, 12th by Hoopgurlz, and 15th by ASGR.

VN Store

Back