Tyrone Prothro

CHughes1102

He cant play for Alabama next year because he will not be able.

Seems as though Alabama lost their star and defense.

I believe his injury. He thought that he would be able to play, but I believe his doctors told him that he was still not able.

i heard that there is a good chance that he wont play for sure but i never heard anything for sure. dont really know though.

While Peerless Price's injury in the spring game a few years back wasn't as bad as Prothro's, the impact of him not returning would have been the same.

Those types of injuries are awful and quite honestly, this one never should have happened, kind of like the Erik Ainge injury against ND. I know Shula has nightmares about ruining that kid's career in football.

(Volunteer @ Jun 27 said:
While Peerless Price's injury in the spring game a few years back wasn't as bad as Prothro's, the impact of him not returning would have been the same.

Those types of injuries are awful and quite honestly, this one never should have happened, kind of like the Erik Ainge injury against ND. I know Shula has nightmares about ruining that kid's career in football.

He should. Up 31-3, 41-3, whatever it was, with about 8 mins to go in the game, and he still hard starters in there trying to catch 45 yard bombs for TD's.

He's NOT his father, that's for sure.

Shoot I still cant find a link, but I do find a ton of websites saying that he prob will not be able to heal in time to play in '06.

The news said that he would not be able to play, so I would say that he will not play.

Wait a minute.....when did we start listening to the "news"????

Just giving you flak. I hope he doesn't play next year (But of course I hope he gets better)

bammer failing is always satisfying, kinda like a snickers.

Couple of posts from admins over at tidefans (I need a shower after that trip) :pukeb: :bammer:

I haven't heard anything in a few weeks...last I heard he was still dealing with "secretions" out of the infected area...still in a boot...sometimes seen on crutches.

Like we've been saying all along...I'm betting red-shirt year for '06 barring some sort of miracle.

i go to UA (even this summer), and i haven't seen prothro without the crutches! he will def. redshirt this fall and be ready for fall 07 hopefully.

That was one of the nastiest sports injuries I've ever seen. Despite my feelings towards Alabama, I still really hate it that such a gifted kid is never going to be the same. In all honesty, he may never play up to the potential that he had. The Tide will definitely miss him this year.

VN Store

Back