Tyndall won't survive per Jimmy Hyams.....

But, but, I checked the OP's stats??b
:birgits_giggle:
Pretty impressive stats here. Someone makes a totally fraudulent OP attacking Coach Tyndall that is proven by listening to the actual interview to be fraudulent and it is viewed 15000 times. I didn't even know that was allowed.

You chose the wrong podcast of Hyams.

"Yes, the entire OP is fabricated. Listen for yourself from 1-23-15 the Zone. Nothing is said about the NCAA investigation by Hyams."

You referenced the one from 1/26 and not the one from 1/23.

Page down three times in the link below and you'll find the 1/23 visit.

The length of the 1/23 podcast is 16:13.

Hyams does talk about the NCAA beginning at 14:00 and later.

The 1/23 is the correct one since the OP began this thread on 1/23.

104-5 The Zone: THE Sports Station - Podcasts

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You chose the wrong podcast of Hyams.

"Yes, the entire OP is fabricated. Listen for yourself from 1-23-15 the Zone. Nothing is said about the NCAA investigation by Hyams."

You referenced the one from 1/26 and not the one from 1/23.

Page down three times in the link below and you'll find the 1/23 visit.

The length of the 1/23 podcast is 16:13.

Hyams does talk about the NCAA beginning at 14:00 and later.

The 1/23 is the correct one since the OP began this thread on 1/23.

104-5 The Zone: THE Sports Station - Podcasts

I listened to it. See my post earlier in the thread.

Misleading thread title. Hyams was talking what a guest had said on his show and not sharing his own thoughts. OP took him out of context to say the least.

Hyams even says he doesn't have any idea what is going to happen.

He said if the problems revolve around tuition and room and board being paid by someone inappropriate for the involved non-scholarship players, Tyndall could be in big trouble.

And, of course, he's right.

Playing with grades is one thing but illicit payments for tuition and room and board would be difficult to overlook and accept.

I just can't believe he'd condone that. He appears to be a smart guy. Maybe he likes life on the high wire with its associated thrill and risk.

He said if the problems revolve around tuition and room and board being paid by someone inappropriate for the involved non-scholarship players, Tyndall could be in big trouble.

And, of course, he's right.

Playing with grades is one thing but illicit payments for tuition and room and board would be difficult to overlook and accept.

I just can't believe he'd condone that. He appears to be a smart guy. Maybe he likes life on the high wire with its associated thrill and risk.

Nearly every walk-on is having their expenses paid for by someone. I doubt if any kid is out there working at McDonald's, walking on, and going to classes. The NCAA is discriminating against players whose parents don't have the means to pay for their child's school. So what if somebody that isn't in their family is willing to help them out? Who is harmed? Eff the NCAA.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully, this will put an end to all of the ranting and raving and you guys can settle down and enjoy this basketball team and it's coach without worrying about any investigation. Now ESPN knows all, right? Jeff Goodman (ESPN on Tony Basilio Show) speculated that this thing could drag into early next season before Tennessee learns the NCAA fate of their coach. He also shared that the NCAA will not consider Tyndall as a repeat offender relating to the NCAA brush at Morehead State.
So my humble suggestion is, drop it until there is an NOA, if there ever is an NOA. :hi:
PS Some of you might want to continue this for 9 more months. Not me!

I'm hoping CDT survives this and is here for a long time.

However, if he doesn't, the basketball program will survive and life will go on.

It is rather nauseating to see the CCM supporters coming out of the woodwork now that CDT appears to be in some hot water. Funny how when the team was on a winning streak that you didn't hear much from them. Now, if CCM could just start winning a few games at Cal, they could really puff their chests and say "I told you so", which is all they really want at the end of the day.

Senior Drill certainly has Donnie's back....why would an investigation take another 9 months....that doesn't make sense, if the NCAA really wants to know what happened in Mississippi, GO ASK THE QUSTIONS and be done in three weeks

However, if he doesn't, the basketball program will survive and life will go on.

It is rather nauseating to see the CCM supporters coming out of the woodwork now that CDT appears to be in some hot water. Funny how when the team was on a winning streak that you didn't hear much from them. Now, if CCM could just start winning a few games at Cal, they could really puff their chests and say "I told you so", which is all they really want at the end of the day.

Agree. It's the same 2 posters. Everyone knows who they are.......

Hopefully, this will put an end to all of the ranting and raving and you guys can settle down and enjoy this basketball team and it's coach without worrying about any investigation. Now ESPN knows all, right? Jeff Goodman (ESPN on Tony Basilio Show) speculated that this thing could drag into early next season before Tennessee learns the NCAA fate of their coach. He also shared that the NCAA will not consider Tyndall as a repeat offender relating to the NCAA brush at Morehead State.
So my humble suggestion is, drop it until there is an NOA, if there ever is an NOA. :hi:
PS Some of you might want to continue this for 9 more months. Not me!

You realize this ongoing investigation, and the fact that it is now going to likely drag into June/July severely hampers Tyndall's ability to recruit which is directly tied to the future projection of this program?

You realize this ongoing investigation, and the fact that it is now going to likely drag into June/July severely hampers Tyndall's ability to recruit which is directly tied to the future projection of this program?

He seems to think we can win ball games win with the Lopez's of the world and not the Chris Clarke's of the world. Smh

My only concern is how much this misbegotten investigation is going to affect Donnie's ability to lasso the kind of recruits he needs, especially if it drags into next season.

My only concern is how much this misbegotten investigation is going to affect Donnie's ability to lasso the kind of recruits he needs, especially if it drags into next season.

This is the underlooked part. This needs to get done ASAP.

Are you suggesting the Cuonzonistas are getting back to their regular posting habits now that the Vols have a 2 game losing streak and there's some Southern Miss stuff to put wind in their sails?

"If this were my first 16 months of coaching, you wouldn't see a 17th month," Williams said. "It's been a pain in the rear end, but I believe in this university. Nobody knows what's going to happen with the NCAA, but I feel strongly, strongly that we did things the right way."

Regards,
Roy Williams

VN Store

Back