Twenty years ago today

rich4pres

We won the national title. Except for the day I got married and the day my son was born it was the greatest day of my life. Me and my best pals went to Cumberland right after the game, and even though it was freezing, had a blast. The only hangover that didn’t bother me. What were you doing that night?

I was working in Reston Virginia at the time. Didn't care the next day that i had probably had 2 hours sleep. Good times. Thought there were going to be many more at the time. Boy was i wrong, sadly. Still one of the best nights of my life.

Reactions: utvolfan98
After the game I got choked up and cracked a bottle of champagne and just sat there. Went down to my computer and Celebrated with friends on the UT AOL chat, that was like Volnation back in the day.

I had just moved to Georgia. It was the first thing I watched on TV down here!

Reactions: livefaith
I was stationed in Alabama (Air Force) and I remember thinking "I never thought I would see us win a NC". Always wonder if that is the only one I will ever see in my life time.... May never see the Vols have another OC in my life time.

I watched in my friends C House in Oak Ridge. Three months later we got married.

I was there!

My wife and I went for the week. Started in Vegas for a couple of nights, then on to Tempe for the game, then on to Taos, NM to snow ski and celebrate. Greatest week of my life. We went without any tickets figuring we could buy them on the sidewalk, and there were so many tickets for sale that some guy who said he couldn't sell his just gave them to us. It was awesome. 4th happiest day of my life! Truly a rare occasion.

My wife and I went for the week. Started in Vegas for a couple of nights, then on to Tempe for the game, then on to Taos, NM to snow ski and celebrate. Greatest week of my life. We went without any tickets figuring we could buy them on the sidewalk, and there were so many tickets for sale that some guy who said he couldn't sell his just gave them to us. It was awesome. 4th happiest day of my life! Truly a rare occasion.
We made 2/3 of that trip. Started in Vegas and finished in Tempe. Scalped tickets on the 50 yard line for less than face value. What a trip!

Oh yeah… We also walked in right behind Peyton. TV did not do him justice. He was a big old boy.

VN Store

Back