TSSAA Playoffs

I was surprised because Ooltewah pounded Rhea County the first time they played during the season.

Yea I really thought we d had a better showing during the first match up. We should ve beat them by more we couldn't hang on to the ball. Really interested in seeing what Sevier has I know banks I think it is ain't he there

Yea I really thought we d had a better showing during the first match up. We should ve beat them by more we couldn't hang on to the ball. Really interested in seeing what Sevier has I know banks I think it is ain't he there

Yeah he is at Sevier County. I think Sevier County will be playing for the Gold Trophy.

I was surprised because Ooltewah pounded Rhea County the first time they played during the season.

Actually the games were more similar than folks think. The difference is that Rhea County stuck with what works best for them this time and other than the fumbles played better on offense. Several of the fumbles were deep into Owl territory so the impact was to stop potential scores for the Eagles rather than give the Owls a chance to score.

First game, the Owls scored 9 points due to defense and 7 from their offense. This game, Owls scored 7 due to defense and 6 from their offense. The Eagles had no problem keeping the Owls offense at bay in both games.

First game, the Eagles had fumbles as well. If I remember correctly the Eagles also abandoned the run game because of the score. This game, the Eagles keep doing what they do best and that not only allowed them to score 14 points but also to run out the clock at the end of the game. The Eagles had almost 400 yards rushing despite the turnovers.

If Sevier Co over looks Rhea then before you know it,Rhea will run for 300 on them also. Not too many has stopped Rheas ground game all year

Rhea Co has played a lot tougher playoff schedule than Sevier Co. That can help or hurt depending on how healthy they come into this game. Sevier Co may have had the easiest road to the semi's as any team, in any classification, in the entire state, but to their credit, they've taken care of business.

Last edited:
Anybody know of Colombia Academy? Not sure what class they're in.

They are in Class 1A and play at Greenback this week. CA has lost only one game all season.

Their qb is the son of a very good friend of mine. Grew up with her in Kentucky.

Very good. Do you know how long that school (CA) has been playing football?

No. I knew nothing about it until this year until my friend started sharing post about them to my Facebook wall.

VN Store

Back