Trump: He Could Easily Be Reelected

What happened to the rise of MSNBC? After showing historic growth--and a few months in 2017 when Rachel Maddow took the title of most-watched host in all of cable news, beating Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity--the just-released results of the May ratings period look very familiar: Fox News won--everything.

In ratings data released Wednesday by Nielsen Media Research, FNC extended its run of consecutive months at number one to a staggering 197, while building hitting another impressive milestone: Fox News Channel has now beaten every other network in basic cable for 23 months straight, based on total day ratings, with an average total day audience in May of 1.4 million viewers.

In prime time, Fox News destroyed its competition, with an average total audience of 2.381 million viewers, compared to MSNBC's 1.384 million and CNN's 835,000. Among viewers 25-54, the group most coveted by advertisers, FNC shook off a challenge in recent months from MSNBC to claim a clear victory: 461,000 viewers, well ahead of MSNBC (329,000) and CNN (265,000).

Fox News had 10 of the top 15 shows in cable news, with Sean Hannity taking the title of highest-rated host in cable news. In fact, aside from ESPN and the NBA Playoffs on TNT, Hannity outpaced every other show in basic cable. Hannity had an average total audience of 3.261 million, followed by MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show (2.627 million), and FNC's Tucker Carlson Tonight (2.617 million), The Ingraham Angle (2.617 million) and The Five (2.153 million).

In the demo, Hannity was first, followed by Maddow, Laura Ingraham, Carlson and MSNBC's The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell.

In May, prime-time viewership for the cable news networks was down overall except for Fox News, which grew 6% from the same period last year. CNN had the biggest declines, down a full 25%. Among viewers 25-54, Fox News was up slightly (+2%) while MSNBC fell significantly (-21%) and CNN dropped by more than a third (-34%).

Even Dems get tired of the "all Trump, all the time".....plus they have checked their bank accounts and realize they can live with a tweet or three hundred....

Reactions: 1 person
Democrats voted republican, that's the only way repubus win elections. Hope the last one taught 'em a lesson. :crazy:

I posted during the presidential election that candidate Trump would win the presidency with white votes, including the votes of many democrats.

I don't remember who it was, but he posted that Trump could not win the presidency with the white vote because the demographics had changed.

SIAP, but interesting...

Though I don't think the "devastating" loss in November is as likely as it seems.

Don’t count Trump out yet for 2020 | Boston Herald

For this unpopular president, it’s the beginning of summer before the midterm election. A devastating loss for his party in November seems imminent, and his approval rating is a dismal 37 percent. What chance does this guy have of being re-elected?

A lot, actually. “This guy” is Barack Obama, in the summer of 2010.

Or it could be Bill Clinton (summer 1994 approval rating: 38 percent). They both watched their approval rating sag the summer before the midterms; they both watched their parties lose control of the House of Representatives later that year.

And they both went on to win re-election two years later. Will Trump follow in their footsteps?

SIAP, but interesting...

Though I don't think the "devastating" loss in November is as likely as it seems.

Don’t count Trump out yet for 2020 | Boston Herald

Very interesting. Just goes to show in this political climate a 40% mark in a divided nation is not too shabby and will get an incumbent reelected, sans that third party.

Wonder who the establishment lamb will be that etches off a few points.

Democrats voted republican, that's the only way repubus win elections. Hope the last one taught 'em a lesson. :crazy:

Interesting theory. So you're suggesting Hillary was such a poor choice, even some Democrats decided to vote for Trump as well? Makes me curious as to just what they knew?

Interesting theory. So you're suggesting Hillary was such a poor choice, even some Democrats decided to vote for Trump as well? Makes me curious as to just what they knew?

Friend of ours, that would vote for a rock if it was a Dem, voted for Trump. This was after it became known that the DNC railroaded Sanders.

The result of thirty years of character assassination by the right and Hills ran a sh!ty campaign and took some things for granted. :crazy:

Then, in my opinion, you are too old and seasoned to be making the statements you do. Unless, of course, you were in subsidiaries out in the boonies.

It's an anonymous message board. That being said, you must have a tremendous amount of disdain for Trump given what he says on a daily basis and it's even in an anonymous role.

:eek:lol:

Last edited:
When people ask me how I can support Trump, my thought is, easy, he won the election. When Democrats talk about his "character", I always wonder, if character is so important, why did they run Hillary? Personally, I stayed out of the last election. Two bad candidates and a failing liver at the time, it just seemed the more prudent thing to do. Seriously though, anyone *****ing about the state of our country needs to take a look at the choices our last election presented. If that's the best the two parties had to offer, we need to rethink politics.

Weezer, you are hitting all the targets on point. The problem is we have a group of people who would rather blame Trump winning on the Russians or Right Wing Propaganda, etc., than facing reality.

It's an anonymous message board. That being said, you must have a tremendous amount of disdain for Trump given what he says on a daily basis and it's even in an anonymous role.

:eek:lol:

You have more disdain, so get over it Volprof.

I don't know why we're arguing Trump's chances at reelection. As soon as he starts spying on the other campaigns and turning the Justice Department against them, he's golden.

Right?

Right Democrats?

You guys are all normalizing that behavior to protect your "last guy" while Trump is in office and control. If I were ya'll, I would be pitching a fit about how wrong it is and asking to set up safeguards against it ever happening again.

You know... Now that it's the other team set up to do it?

The result of thirty years of character assassination by the right and Hills ran a sh!ty campaign and took some things for granted. :crazy:

Thirty years of character assassination? Poor Hillary the victim. She was just unlucky to find herself in scandal after scandal after scandal. Couldn't be that she kept putting herself into that position with her own actions.

The right didn't have to assassinate her character, they just pointed out all the pies she had fingers in.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back