Transfer Portal - Confirmed Tennessee Interest

Sav'ell Smalls in the portal. Former 5* Edge rusher. Not saying we need to pursue, but I'm curious as to why he's transferring. Is he a bust or is he just not happy at Washington?

If we're looking to add, we must be losing some. Wonder who it is, and when do they enter the portal?

If we're looking to add, we must be losing some. Wonder who it is, and when do they enter the portal?
Without speculating on specifically who, I wouldn’t be shocked to lose one player each on the OL, a DT, a DE/LEO and a DB. A few seem obvious to me and understandable if they want to play college ball. Some are running out of eligibility in 1-2 years and we are attractive to recruits and better players in the portal.

Reactions: LouderVol
Maybe just because I'm seeing more articles pop up... but the portal seems more active with quality players this year. Last year there seemed to be a lot of players but many of them either moved down or else didn't find a home at all.

Sav'ell Smalls in the portal. Former 5* Edge rusher. Not saying we need to pursue, but I'm curious as to why he's transferring. Is he a bust or is he just not happy at Washington?

Smalls did not have the production of a top prospect during his time at Washington with 29 games with 32 total tackles, one tackle for loss, and one fumble recovery over three years.

Sav'ell Smalls enters transfer portal; insiders share insight on what could be next for former five-star

Saw where Amari McNeill has hit the portal. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a couple more before it's all said and done with. Not sure if we'll pick anyone up or not, but the coaches might want a few free scholarships to hold in their back pocket.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Next years roster at a glance. Scholarship players.

Offense
QB - Joe Milton, Nico Iamaleava (2)
RB - Jabari Small, Jaylen Wright, Dylan Sampson, Cameron Seldon. DeSean Bishop, Khalifa Keith (6)
WR - Ramel Keyton, Bru McCoy, Squirrel White, Dont'e Thornton, Chas Nimrod, Kaleb Webb, Nathan Leacock, , Nate Spillman (8)
TE - Jacob Warren, McCallan Castles, Ethan Davis (3)
OT - John Campbell, Jeremiah Crawford, Dayne Davis, Gerald Mincey, Brian Grant, Shamurad Umarov, Larry Johnson III (7)
IOL - Ollie Lane, Jackson Lampley, Cooper Mays, Javontez Spraggins, Andrej Karic, Addison Nichols, Masai Reddick, Mo Clipper Jr., Ayden Bussell, Vysen Lang (10)

Defense
Edge - Roman Harrison, Tyler Baron, Joshua Josephs, James Pearce, Jr., Caleb Herring, Chandavian Bradley (6)
DL - Kurott Garland, Omari Thomas, Elijah Simmons, Da'Jon Terry, Omarr Norman-Lott, Bryson Eason, Dominic Bailey, Tyre West, Jayson Jenkins, Nathan Robinson, Daevin Hobbs, Tyree Weathersby, Trevor Duncan (13)
LB - Aaron Beasley, Keenan Pili, Kwauze Garland, Elijah Herring, Kalib Perry, Arion Carter, Jalen Smith, Jeremiah Telander (8)
CB - Warren Burrell, Gabe Jeudy-Lally, Brandon Turnage, Kamal Hadden, Doneiko Slaughter, Dee Williams, De'Shawn Rucker, Christian Harrison, Jordan Matthews, Rickey Gibson, Cristian Conyer (11)
S - Jaylen McCollough, Wesley Walker, Tamarion McDonald, Christian Charles, Andre Turrentine, Jourdan Thomas, Cameron Miller,
John Slaughter, Jack Luttrell (9)

Special Teams
P - Jackson Ross
K - Charles Campbell

So if my math is right, we still have to lose someone on the roster so that when the summer enrollees arrive we're at 85. If you include them, then we're at 86. And yes, I removed McNeill. It's possible I've listed someone that's not on scholarship. But if that's not the case, then one of our current guys will have to go. And, if we want to add anyone from the portal, we'll have to have even more leave. Numbers are tight.

Last edited:

Offense
QB - Joe Milton, Nico Iamaleava (3)
RB - Jabari Small, Jaylen Wright, Dylan Sampson, Cameron Seldon. DeSean Bishop, Khalifa Keith (6)
WR - Ramel Keyton, Bru McCoy, Squirrel White, Dont'e Thornton, Chas Nimrod, Kaleb Webb, Nathan Leacock, , Nate Spillman (8)
OT - John Campbell, Jeremiah Crawford, Dayne Davis, Gerald Mincey, Brian Grant, Shamurad Umarov, Larry Johnson III (7)
IOL - Ollie Lane, Jackson Lampley, Cooper Mays, Javontez Spraggins, Andrej Karic, Addison Nichols, Masai Reddick, Mo Clipper Jr., Ayden Bussell, Vysen Lang (10)

Defense
Edge - Roman Harrison, Tyler Baron, Joshua Josephs, James Pearce, Jr., Caleb Herring, Chandavian Bradley (6)
DL - Kurott Garland, Omari Thomas, Elijah Simmons, Da'Jon Terry, Omarr Norman-Lott, Bryson Eason, Dominic Bailey, Tyre West, Jayson Jenkins, Nathan Robinson, Daevin Hobbs, Tyree Weathersby, Trevor Duncan (13)
LB - Aaron Beasley, Keenan Pili, Kwauze Garland, Elijah Herring, Kalib Perry, Arion Carter, Jalen Smith, Jeremiah Telander (8)
CB - Warren Burrell, Gabe Jeudy-Lally, Brandon Turnage, Kamal Hadden, Doneiko Slaughter, Dee Williams, De'Shawn Rucker, Christian Harrison, Jordan Matthews, Rickey Gibson, Cristian Conyer (11)
S - Jaylen McCollough, Wesley Walker, Tamarion McDonald, Christian Charles, Andre Turrentine, Jourdan Thomas, Cameron Miller,

Special Teams
P - Jackson Ross
K - Charles Campbell

So if my math is right, we still have to lose someone on the roster so that when the summer enrollees arrive we're at 85. If you include them, then we're at 86. And yes, I removed McNeill. It's possible I've listed someone that's not on scholarship. But if that's not the case, then one of our current guys will have to go. And, if we want to add anyone from the portal, we'll have to have even more leave. Numbers are tight.

That won't be a problem. Several more will leave.

Offense
QB - Joe Milton, Nico Iamaleava (3)

Defense

Special Teams
P - Jackson Ross
K - Charles Campbell

I only count 85 if you change the (3) by the quarterbacks to a (2).

Reactions: bigl3327
I think the portal closes tomorrow for football. Only a 15-day window for football in the Spring. Maybe we don't lose anyone else?

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back