Transfer Portal - Confirmed Tennessee Interest

If we are trying to bring in a few more, we need some to exit. They wouldn't be offering portal guys if there wasn't some exiting.
I'm doubting we take any portal guys. I think they may like the team they have. They kicked the tires on a couple, but I think they may stand pat. Guess we'll see.

Reactions: VAVol85
I'm doubting we take any portal guys. I think they may like the team they have. They kicked the tires on a couple, but I think they may stand pat. Guess we'll see.

You're probably right, but would love to land that TCU transfer. Still think they may try to add an OL transfer and know we are one of two the guy from England is deciding on. With him being a 23 recruit, not sure when his roster clock begins if he does pick us.

You're probably right, but would love to land that TCU transfer. Still think they may try to add an OL transfer and know we are one of two the guy from England is deciding on. With him being a 23 recruit, not sure when his roster clock begins if he does pick us.
Clock begins when they're enrolled and in class, I believe.

As it stands, I believe we're at 79 scholarships with 6 summer enrollees. That will put us at the 85. But it's possible that some of the guys I think are scholarship are not.

As it stands, I believe we're at 79 scholarships with 6 summer enrollees. That will put us at the 85. But it's possible that some of the guys I think are scholarship are not.

I appreciate it. I was just curious how we were gonna take the TCU WR or the guy from England if one or both want in. I'm sure it would get worked out if it came down to ot.

Reactions: Weezer

Looks like Cameron Miller is entering the Portal. That opens up a spot.

Not confirmed interest but couldn’t find the general thread. If we need help on the oline, devontae dobbs, Aaryn parks, and kiyaunta goodwin are available.

He'll be rated right up there with Ohio State signee and former Ole Miss standout Quinshon Judkins along with ex-Florida ballcarrier Trevor Etienne, who signed with Georgia, as the top transfer at the position. The 247Sports Transfer Rankings will slot Martinez as the No. 2 running back in the transfer portal with a 94 grade, right behind Judkins.

Like most other destinations, Tennessee could offer an immediate "start now" offer in the backfield and the Vols' are one of the perceived leaders in NIL scope, too. And like other coaches in assessing transfer portal needs, Heupel said during the fall that he would "evaluate every position" this spring before going to his roster board and filling holes. While there's been promise in the backfield over recent practices, Martinez would take this Tennessee offense from potentially good to great.

VN Store

Back