Torrance Gibson suspended for the season

Posted on Reddit about how glad I am that we avoided the headache that is TG. The OSU faithful responded in full force. Either way, I believe UT gained more by passing on this young man. I hope nothing serious took place.

Posted on Reddit about how glad I am that we avoided the headache that is TG. The OSU faithful responded in full force. Either way, I believe UT gained more by passing on this young man. I hope nothing serious took place.

I was notably opposed to his recruitment because I didn't see a face of the program QB. I got that first impression when he kept teasing "a major announcement" on Twitter. Built up fanbases (and programs) and then announced which All-American he would be "taking his talents to". Harmless, but not befitting the most important position on your team. Very gifted physically but at camps his mental discipline flaws manifested. When you go to a passing camp as a QB and end up catching passes instead? Didn't look forward to that in Knoxville. Didn't anticipate this (alleged) level of problems off the field. Possible that this was a bad judgement that he can learn from, but he needs to stay off social media...he can't handle it.

Would like to read it. Do you have a link?

Here ya go, bud

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/505gn9/ohio_state_announces_torrance_gibson_suspended/

I took down my comments. Nothing rash or damaging on my part but I did feel that my opinions didn't add to the conversation so I retracted them.

Thanks...seems like a pretty tame group. If this was a consensual relationship and the details are true, then it's more of the same in our ultrasensitive world. Maybe we find out the real truth...maybe not.

Thanks...seems like a pretty tame group. If this was a consensual relationship and the details are true, then it's more of the same in our ultrasensitive world. Maybe we find out the real truth...maybe not.

I understand Meyer and Gibson's side...until he decided to put the pictures on social media (if that's what happened).

That's crap.

I understand Meyer and Gibson's side...until he decided to put the pictures on social media (if that's what happened).

That's crap.

Supposedly the picture wasn't offensive to her and she allowed him to take it. It was a dumb move by Gibson but it was her anger at him not wanting a relationship that triggered her taking it to the university. All alleged and from that forum. That particular punishment doesn't fit the crime IMO...if it's legit. Would serve as a cautionary tale for other athletes so maybe something good comes out of it.

Reactions: 1 person
Supposedly the picture wasn't offensive to her and she allowed him to take it. It was a dumb move by Gibson but it was her anger at him not wanting a relationship that triggered her taking it to the university. All alleged and from that forum. That particular punishment doesn't fit the crime IMO...if it's legit. Would serve as a cautionary tale for other athletes so maybe something good comes out of it.

I would agree that the punishment doesn't fit the crime necessarily. Although I would argue there is a difference in her allowing him to take it/not finding it offensive and him then broadcasting it. Her getting upset she was a hump and dump to him doesn't warrant any discipline, but him putting it out there for all to see is a problem. Whether than amounts to a season suspension is an entirely different matter.

My main thing was Meyer pretty much thumbing his nose at the school. That guy is absolute garbage when it comes to handling discipline and letting things slide.

Reactions: 1 person
I would agree that the punishment doesn't fit the crime necessarily. Although I would argue there is a difference in her allowing him to take it/not finding it offensive and him then broadcasting it. Her getting upset she was a hump and dump to him doesn't warrant any discipline, but him putting it out there for all to see is a problem. Whether than amounts to a season suspension is an entirely different matter.

My main thing was Meyer pretty much thumbing his nose at the school. That guy is absolute garbage when it comes to handling discipline and letting things slide.

He's bulletproof. Was at Florida too.

Damn torrence i was so looking forward to seeing him play this year..i got a chance to see that kid grow up at american heritage..hell of a football player..him and my nephew brandon was teammates..he has alot of issues but he mean well..he was a head case at heritage, but he just needed a little guidance..he need to transfer and go back home..he needs to go to miami and start over let mark richt mold him to where he needs to be..i wish him well

Damn torrence i was so looking forward to seeing him play this year..i got a chance to see that kid grow up at american heritage..hell of a football player..him and my nephew brandon was teammates..he has alot of issues but he mean well..he was a head case at heritage, but he just needed a little guidance..he need to transfer and go back home..he needs to go to miami and start over let mark richt mold him to where he needs to be..i wish him well

Did the "head case" moniker start after he started getting hype, or was it already there?

Did the "head case" moniker start after he started getting hype, or was it already there?

he had to many people telling him that he was great at a early age..some kids can handle, but for some reason he just couldn't handle it..he used to argue with coaches walk off field..i think the hype did get to him though..LETS GET THIS SEASON KICKED OFF!! 1 MORE DAY!!! IM NOT SLEEPING TONIGHT! GO VOLS!!!:rock2::rock2:

Dude screwed the Gators. He messed up one class with his "I'm gonna quit so I don't die" routine, and then he comes back only to quit later, ruining that class too.

VN Store

Back