Tornadoes

I saw a couple posts towards the end of the Vols BB game in the game thread about warnings - tuned into the Weather Channel and the idiots were showing a polar bear doc. - didnt see anything on it the rest of the day either
I remember when the weather channel had weather. I remember when the history channel had history rather than pawn stuff. I remember when MTV played music. Crazy.

I remember when the weather channel had weather. I remember when the history channel had history rather than pawn stuff. I remember when MTV played music. Crazy.
100%. When these tornadoes occurred I turned over to watch The Weather Channel and Fox Weather and neither one of them covered this. Very disappointing.

Reactions: 99grad and 508mikey
I seriously thought that it was Alcoa. The title said merely" Tornadoes" as this is a sports board. When I posted, I had not seen the news. We go to early church, and did not see news until after.
There were 8 posts before yours. You didn’t have to see the news to know it wasn’t about Alcoa football.

I thought this was about Alcoa football.
Not even remotely funny...forgivable, but wouldn't expect Alcoa on here unless they are in state playoffs. So just sayin' be careful before we assume a topic matter.

Last edited:
100%. When these tornadoes occurred I turned over to watch The Weather Channel and Fox Weather and neither one of them covered this. Very disappointing.

Agree. People are left to watch local weatherpeople or YouTubers like Ryan Hall.

The problem is they over-sensationalize every storm to maximize ad revenue and people don't know the difference between a normal severe storm and a catastrophic one...

I’m supposed to be in Gallatin and Hendersonville Thursday and Friday. I’m guessing that is not going to happen? Anyone know how bad west main in Hendersonville is!

Tornado hit Madison, then occluded, cycled again touchdown again south of main st, and traveled east northeast for 37 miles, preliminary rating high end ef2 here in Hendersonville, Clarksville was mid grade ef3. I work off Anderson Ln and missed me to the north by 1/4 of a mile. With all the power flashes lighting it up it appeared to be about a quarter mile wide multiple vortex tornado.

Reactions: tbwhhs
When I saw the topic title. I realized it when I read it. Titles need to be more descriptive. BTW, I have relatives in Madison.

Last edited:
Houston County had one that ripped through near KY lake about 20 years ago I think. Blew out my front window...hopped around from hollow to hollow. Weather scares me down there. Flood earlier last year from heavy rains...and the ice storms? Oh my lord.

I’m supposed to be in Gallatin and Hendersonville Thursday and Friday. I’m guessing that is not going to happen? Anyone know how bad west main in Hendersonville is!
Hit the main drag off the New Shackle Island exit pretty hard

I'll bet it won't take Bill Lee 2 months to request an emergency declaration like he did for storms that hit Shelby County earlier this year....

Or deny the request like he did when the March 31 storms killed 3 in Memphis City limits...

Not even remotely funny...forgivable, but wouldn't expect Alcoa on here unless they are in state playoffs. So just sayin' be careful before we assume a topic matter.
Not intended to be funny. My post was a comment on titles being descriptive. BTW, Alcoa WAS in the state playoffs.

Reactions: midnight orange
That one missed us to the north. Still recovering at LBL. Very destructive on the Kentucky border. That storm was much larger than the one that came through here yesterday and stronger. Not taking away from yesterday's storm, as it was and is devastating to many.

That "Weather Modification" stuff is working real well..... Man messing with God's domain always yields bad results.

Part time NWS Weather Observer here...

I tracked the tornados through the night. I was working at KCHA that night and was afraid of what we might see on the eastern side of the state. I knew they were meant to die down but you never know. My house was hit in 2020 and we were displaced for 8 months while the house was repaired. Small tornado but more than I cared to sit through. These things are no joke and, from what I saw on the radar, the ones that hit Clarksville and the one that tracked through central TN (hitting Hendersonville, Gallatin, etc) were significant. Prayers go out to everyone affected...especially those that lost loved ones. Stuff can be replaced but people cannot.

Not intended to be funny. My post was a comment on titles being descriptive. BTW, Alcoa WAS in the state playoffs.
I wouldn’t worry about it. It was not the least bit offensive to 99% of folks. Prayers for all who were affected. It looked horrible on video which makes me want a basement yesterday.

Agree. People are left to watch local weatherpeople or YouTubers like Ryan Hall.

The problem is they over-sensationalize every storm to maximize ad revenue and people don't know the difference between a normal severe storm and a catastrophic one...

If you live in Davidson or Williamson counties do yourself a solid and follow https://nashvillesevereweather.com/ They're community run and very very good.

No 4WARN CODE RED bulljive.

If you live in Davidson or Williamson counties do yourself a solid and follow https://nashvillesevereweather.com/ They're community run and very very good.

No 4WARN CODE RED bulljive.

Yeah, there's a similar outfit in Memphis/Shelby that does same thing.

Memphisweather.net

If you use these services, paying 3 or 4 cents per day for the app is worth supporting avoiding the "This is the biggest, baddest storm of all time and forever infinity" that you get from TV or Youtubers...

Reactions: mudhen
I have family, particularly an Aunt, who lives off Tiny Town Road in Clarksville. I also used to live there, as my step dad was stationed at Campbell. Thankfully, it wasn't on her end and was a few miles away, but still too close for comfort. Praying for those affected by the tornadoes in all areas last night!

I live in Clarksville and it was pretty scary. My house was spared, however I was on one of the roads it hit about an hour before. That made my skin crawl.

Hendersonville (about 15 miles away) definitely had at least one touch down.

Reports saying Gallatin (5 miles away) may have, too. But I have seen nothing definitive.

We didn't even see any high winds on this side of the lake, just rain and lightning.

Praying for those affected.

Go Vols!
You in Old Hickory? Mt. Juliet?

VN Store

Back