Top Defense in the East

While we have indeed addressed the talent issue in my opinion, we still have the youth issue and only time can fix that. Not every young man that comes in can be a Barnett and if people set themselves up expecting that they will be dis appointed

We should definitely at least be in the discussion for SEC east this year but I think 2016 is the breakout year. We are still going to have some 18 and 19 year olds lining up against 20 and 21 year old SEC talent level players.

no one expected Barnett to be Barnett. Hurd and Malone were the freshmen that came with the most hype to be instant starters. and I would say Hurd definitely lived up to the potential. Bates and Kelly also came with hype. Kelly more than lived up to the hype and Bates suffered an early season ending injury so we can put an asterisk by his name.

what that tells me is we can expect 50% of our most highly touted guys to pan out. the other 50% might not contribute much next year whether its injuries or simply inexperience. however, given how many recruits we get, we'll have some guys come outta nowhere to contribute significantly like Barnett.

of our most highly touted guys, I don't see anyway McKenzie and Richmond are not instant starters/significant contributors. both are college ready right now given their size and strength. I could see Tuttle and Jack Jones having some trouble adjusting even as EEs.

the surprise guys in this class for me are Darrell Taylor (DE) who I think will make an immediate impact as a 3rd down pass rusher and John Kelly (RB) as he spells Hurd and Kamara.

VN Store

Back