Top 15 Power 5 talent-producing states over last 3 years

I think things are skewed a little since the Big 10 is considered a "Power" conference for some reason. So some northern states sneak in there, when the truth is that most yankees couldn't cut it in the SEC, nor could their teams up there. OSU would be about on par with TAMU.

Lol at thinking Ohio State would be "on par" with TAMU. Urban Meyer is a damn good coach, even if I hate his stupid guts. I wouldn't take Ohio State over UGA or Bama, but I'd pick them over every other SEC team this year.

And that hurts me to say. I hate the Buckeyes.

Reactions: 3 people
Ohio has historically been a consistent producer of top high school talent. Most all stays in the region.

Just wonder. There are only so many top tier (5) conference schools up north or anywhere for that matter. How much top talent goes to the lesser conferences up there (many of those schools are as large or larger then many of our southern "big" schools). It seems to me that much of their talent just stays home and goes to big schools that are in lesser than that top tier football.

Just wonder. There are only so many top tier (5) conference schools up north or anywhere for that matter. How much top talent goes to the lesser conferences up there (many of those schools are as large or larger then many of our southern "big" schools). It seems to me that much of their talent just stays home and goes to big schools that are in lesser than that top tier football.

The list of schools is for Power 5 conferences only, not the lesser conferences.

OH, MI, PA, and IL were all on that list. The Big 10 traditionally has 5 top programs: OSU, UM, PSU, MSU, and WI. Talent has to come from somewhere.

The numbers from these talent producing states is likely a little low. Players from these states often populate the ND roster...and since ND does not belong to a conference in football.......

I am a big SEC fan, but don't discount the talent coming from those states just because they are in the north.

I find it amazing that Alabama with a population of a couple of million less than Tennessee is 5 places higher. They must have an incredible high school system down there.

And a dysfunctional focus on HS football.

It's the water, I tell you. That, and the unbearable psychic pressure that comes from actually living in Alabama. Peeps can ***** about Mississippi all they want, but at least their not having to deal with people who think Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote the National Anthem.

A place where the police drove the Mafia out because they were COMPETITION--now THAT is a sniffy place.

What is it about Florida that produces an obscene amount of talent per sq.mi ? I know weather influences it, but it's crazy how much comes out of there.

I live in the uttermost glades of Florida, the number of HSs with massive football stadiums and obscene football programs is absolutely beyond reason.

California has 4 times the population of GA, Florida has double the people and Texas 3 times. Lots of GA kids fall through the cracks and end up being big players at smaller schools and wind up in the NFL.

I think things are skewed a little since the Big 10 is considered a "Power" conference for some reason. So some northern states sneak in there, when the truth is that most yankees couldn't cut it in the SEC, nor could their teams up there. OSU would be about on par with TAMU.

Jesus, I don't know where to begin. There is so much wrong here.

I find it amazing that Alabama with a population of a couple of million less than Tennessee is 5 places higher. They must have an incredible high school system down there.

And most don’t even like to do their school work. Louisiana is even higher

What is it about Florida that produces an obscene amount of talent per sq.mi ? I know weather influences it, but it's crazy how much comes out of there.

As in Alabama and Georgia, military bases and resulting industrial hubs. Could include Texas.

VN Store

Back