Top 10 FBS home game attendance in 2017

Is that the average of the season for tickets sold? The highest single game for tickets sold? No way that was butts in the seats attendance average for the season. If single game, maybe butts in seat for GA before the wheels really came off.

Dan Harralson
Dan Harralson
@danharralson
Top 10 FBS schools for home game attendance average in 2017:

Michigan (111,589)
Ohio State (107,495)
Penn State (106,707)
Alabama (101,722)
Texas A&M (98,802)
LSU (98,506)
Tennessee (95,779)
Texas (92,778)
Georgia (92,746)
Nebraska (89,798)

So, after going 4 and 8 last year, we still ended up in the top 10. Not bad at all.:good!:

I don't know about the rest, but UGA's is sellout. The stadium capacity is 92,746.

How did Nebraska average 4,000 more than their Stadium will hold?

I remember the old days (when our capacity was higher) when our attendance would beat our capacity by a few thousand, too. That was us packing the stadium so that literally some inside could only stand in the walkways and stuff. True standing room only.

I think insurance companies and fire marshalls put an end to all that, for us. Guess out in Nebraska they dgaf :)

EDIT: here's the word:

The largest crowd ever recorded at Neyland Stadium was 109,061 on September 18, 2004, when Tennessee defeated Florida, 30–28. Tennessee set a school record by averaging 107,595 fans per home game in 2000.

That's back when the stadium's capacity was about 104,000.

Last edited:
I remember the old days (when our capacity was higher) when our attendance would beat our capacity by a few thousand, too. That was us packing the stadium so that literally some inside could only stand in the walkways and stuff. True standing room only.

I think insurance companies and fire marshalls put an end to all that, for us. Guess out in Nebraska they dgaf :)

EDIT: here's the word:

That's back when the stadium's capacity was about 104,000.

Oh, I know what you're talking about. But the article says averaged. Got to say I'm still a little skeptical about that number.

Oh, I know what you're talking about. But the article says averaged. Got to say I'm still a little skeptical about that number.

Yeah, you know I've always heard that Nebraska fans are the absolute best fan base in America (followed by Green Bay).

Combination of being super polite to the opposing team and fans, win or lose, and being really good sports in general, plus showing up even when things are going horribly, really showing up, massively. And staying to the very end of the game, the entire stadium.

If that really was their average last year, I'd say that verifies some of it.

We're really good at the showing up even in down times, too. Not so polite sometimes, and often not good at staying to the end of the game. But we'll show up in droves for the start of each game, no matter how horribly things are going.

Fun fact

Attendance figures count every person there from coaches, refs, players, event workers, and press. I think that’s a big contribution to the seemingly inflated attendance #’s. I’m pretty sure everyone does it that way.

That’s what I have heard at least from a buddy who took an official tour of Neyland.

VN Store

Back