Tony Dungy Said He wouldnt have drafted Micheal Sam

There is apparently a disagreement in the time frame of Dungy's and the reporters. While Dungy says it was in May, the report said it one a week or two ago. This is something the reporter will be able to prove a lot easier than Dungy. Makes you wonder again what Dungy's intentions are. Why would he lie about that, if he is lying?

Wow this guy has been such a distraction in the NFL you guys! Look at the backlash the Rams got for cutting him! Look at how every question Jason Garrett gets is about Michael Sam. Man was Tony Dungy right or what.

Reactions: 1 person
In what seems like never ending bad news for America, the Michael Sam story shows the good side of America. Ten years ago, this could never happen. But I really think it shows how far we've come as a country in this issue AND considering this isn't a daily story at all, that it's becoming somewhat normal for gay people to do what their dreams are, even if some people don't believe it's right, we are becoming more accepting as a country.

And Dungy gave his opinion. No one should force him to be supportive if he doesn't approve of Sam's lifestyle.

If someone gave a similar opinion about something involving race, they'd be called racist and there would be a huge backlash. But if you give an opinion about sexual preference, no big deal apparently.

If someone was like "well, their race causes an issue at our work place, so I'm not going to deal with it" or "well, their gender causes an issue at out work place, so I'm not going to deal with it"... would love to see the backlash. It would be massive. I guess you're allowed to discriminate hiring an employee when it comes to sexual preference though.

Tony Dungy wanted teams to deal with someone who abused dogs for his own amusement and ran an illegal gambling ring despite not needing the money. On the flip side, Dungy turns around and says he wouldn't want Michael Sam on his team because he thinks Sam being gay would cause a distraction. I really don't know how he believes Michael Sam would be a bigger distraction than someone like Michael Vick. Most of the country has supported Michael Sam while most of the country opposed Michael Vick. It's really sad that Dungy would rather deal with a criminal on his team than a player that has no issues other than being gay.

And for the record, who says being homosexual is a lifestyle? Many gay people feel they were born that way. If they truly feel that way, it's not a lifestyle. In which case, it wasn't their choice. Kind of like being black or white isn't a choice. So... it's cool if someone doesn't approve of a black person being black? Or if they wouldn't want to deal with having a black person in their work place because it causes a distraction? That's basically what Tony Dungy said about Sam. He said he'd discriminate against someone by not employing them because of the way they were born and the distraction it would cause because of it. Being prejudice and not employing someone based on the way they were born really is no different than being racist.

Reactions: 5 people
I believe Cowboys are undefeated since picking him up. They might be the ugliest looking 2-1 team ever, but they're 2-1.

If someone gave a similar opinion about something involving race, they'd be called racist and there would be a huge backlash. But if you give an opinion about sexual preference, no big deal apparently.

If someone was like "well, their race causes an issue at our work place, so I'm not going to deal with it" or "well, their gender causes an issue at out work place, so I'm not going to deal with it"... would love to see the backlash. It would be massive. I guess you're allowed to discriminate hiring an employee when it comes to sexual preference though.

Tony Dungy wanted teams to deal with someone who abused dogs for his own amusement and ran an illegal gambling ring despite not needing the money. On the flip side, Dungy turns around and says he wouldn't want Michael Sam on his team because he thinks Sam being gay would cause a distraction. I really don't know how he believes Michael Sam would be a bigger distraction than someone like Michael Vick. Most of the country has supported Michael Sam while most of the country opposed Michael Vick. It's really sad that Dungy would rather deal with a criminal on his team than a player that has no issues other than being gay.

And for the record, who says being homosexual is a lifestyle? Many gay people feel they were born that way. If they truly feel that way, it's not a lifestyle. In which case, it wasn't their choice. Kind of like being black or white isn't a choice. So... it's cool if someone doesn't approve of a black person being black? Or if they wouldn't want to deal with having a black person in their work place because it causes a distraction? That's basically what Tony Dungy said about Sam. He said he'd discriminate against someone by not employing them because of the way they were born and the distraction it would cause because of it. Being prejudice and not employing someone based on the way they were born really is no different than being racist.

My dude dropping knowledge.

VN Store

Back