Tony B. Booted By 1180 AM

Tony will have an announcement Monday...same time slot AM/FM Knoxville market
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Same time slot as what?

3HL in Nashville runs at the same time as SportsTalk in Knoxville, which is the highest-rated sports show here.

Since Cumulus media owns both shows/stations, they would not make 3HL available to another non-Cumulus station here in Knoxville to oppose their most profitable show, nor would they use it to replace their most profitable Knoxville property.

Reactions: 1 person
I know thing, and I KNOW this will happen....3HL is coming to K-town

That doesn't tell us any thing. DP has pretty well explained why this is unlikely.

What station do you believe they'll be on? Are you talking about a time shifted rebroadcast?

Tony Basilio ‏@TonyBasilio 18m
Proud to announce that the Tony Basilio Show will debut on August 1st on FM 99.7 and 1040 AM in the same time slot 11a-1p!

Reactions: 2 people
Is 1040AM still WQBB out of Journal? I used to work for another station there, and it was always funny when Cavalaris and Sterling Hinton would come in for their show on that station. It's usually like old crooner music, but then for two hours a day, it would switch to those guys. Very strange fit.
I guess they're doing that again with TB. I don't know how that links with 99.7, though. Do they own that now too?

Is 1040AM still WQBB out of Journal? I used to work for another station there, and it was always funny when Cavalaris and Sterling Hinton would come in for their show on that station. It's usually like old crooner music, but then for two hours a day, it would switch to those guys. Very strange fit.
I guess they're doing that again with TB. I don't know how that links with 99.7, though. Do they own that now too?

Journal sold off 1040 a while back, from what I understand.

Does that station have a better signal? I listen online much of the time simply because the reception isn't very good.

Tony Basilio ‏@TonyBasilio 18m
Proud to announce that the Tony Basilio Show will debut on August 1st on FM 99.7 and 1040 AM in the same time slot 11a-1p!

Great news. Now his 10-12 callers will be able to all move over there with him and not be ruining all of the other shows with their whining.

Never heard of 99.7. They're playing "no ordinary love" by Sade at the moment.
:crazy:

I was very excited to see Basillio gone on TSR and thought things were looking up for the mid-day portion of the schedule. But I have changed my mind. Hooker is a 17 year old drama queen and I can not stand to listen to him and his sophomoric personality.

I would like to see another athlete on there to provide the consistent good programing that they currently have with Swain, Ainge,and Threat. At least these guys know something about sports and football.

Reactions: 1 person
I was very excited to see Basillio gone on TSR and thought things were looking up for the mid-day portion of the schedule. But I have changed my mind. Hooker is a 17 year old drama queen and I can not stand to listen to him and his sophomoric personality.

I would like to see another athlete on there to provide the consistent good programing that they currently have with Swain, Ainge,and Threat. At least these guys know something about sports and football.

Swain's show is unlistenable. JMO

Hooker is horrible. They could've at least replaced him with someone equal or better, not worse

TSR has bad karma for how they ended Tony's show. Whether you like Tony or not it was dirty how they got rid of him.

Reactions: 3 people
TSR has bad karma for how they ended Tony's show. Whether you like Tony or not it was dirty how they got rid of him.

I just wish they would fix their damn app! Every single day it's drop out....talk talk talk.....drop out....talk talk talk. I've sent them countless messages asking them to fix it but it never changes!

VN Store

Back