Tonight's Game vs Creighton: What say you Vol Nation??

What do you think tonight's outcome will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Let's forget what the naysayers and point prognosticators in Vegas predict for tonight's Sweet 16 matchup between our beloved Volunteers vs the Creighton Blue Jays. What is YOUR prognostication?

Personally, I think this game comes down to stamina. Creighton has 6 players that play a lot of each game. Our bench is deeper, so if we rotate in fresh bodies, we can really give them fits from beyond the 3 point line, which is their bread and butter. Should be able to pull away late, as the Creighton Creatures will just be worn out.

Last edited:
I think it’s in the 80’s for the Vols, high 70’s for them. Hopefully, the Vols will hit some shots early and take them out of their game.
GB🍊

Reactions: Hairy Vols
We gonna need rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, azz-kickers, poop-kickers and Methodists.

Vols by 1.

We gonna need rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, azz-kickers, poop-kickers and Methodists.

Vols by 1.
But what about the Irish?

Vols by 1.
Vols! Go do that voodoo that you do so well.

I think Tennessee wins by 9 tonight

Tennessee is a very physical team. While Creighton can shoot, if we can stop the threes, I just don't see the Blue Jay's staying in it.

Reactions: BradstarVols
I have Creighton winning. Im a terrible fan and I hope I'm wrong. Truly. I just need to see us show up and have some consistency. I worry our March plague is going to continue. Again, I will be cheering for the Vols and hope truly I'm wrong. But this is gonna be a tough game.
No you don’t, you have Vols winning. Deep down you know we are gonna win.

Reactions: VFL_Hammer
Creighton is a darn good team but we are the better team. It all comes down to if we show up. Several of our losses came against teams that were much better than. This team has the talent to compete with and beat anyone (including UConn), but, we need Knecht to do his thing, ZZ to play good defense and the supporting cast (JJJ, Vescovi, Mashack) to play well.

But what about the Irish?
"No Irish need apply."
No_Irish_Need_Apply_%28lyric_sheet%29.jpg

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I predicted Vols by 8-12 points. I just feel like our physical defense combined with their lack of bench strength favors us. We will have to hit some shots, don't need to light it up, but will need to hit a decent percentage from 3. This is the NCAA sweet 16, its required. I think their defense is soft enough that DK can go crazy.

The game will come down to which team can make shots. At this level you can't win games on hustle alone--you have to make FG's and your FT's . I hope we get in a good grove early and win---the amount I don't care, just win

Creighton wins and it won't really be that close. UT is in a funk offensively and I'd bet the farm there's a tight whistle that gets some of our key players in early foul trouble. Still consider this to be a solid season considering the roster.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
Creighton wins and it won't really be that close. UT is in a funk offensively and I'd bet the farm there's a tight whistle that gets some of our key players in early foul trouble. Still consider this to be a solid season considering the roster.
It won’t be close? Lmao, seek therapy, you have BVS. We win, elite 8, here we come! LFG VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back