Tommy Thigpen: Daniel Bituli to see 20-25 snaps at South Carolina, compares freshman

Bituli is who I'm most excited about for USCe. He is a great tackler (as far as we can tell from his minimal playing time) I think he's going to do great and be an excellent protégé to Kirkland. Hopefully he can master the cerebral part of the defense and be a solid MLB. The injury that hurts the worst for the future of the defense is really Sapp. He looked great in spring practice and had that really unfortunate injury that is causing him to lose valuable reps this season with JRM out. I really hope he can stay healthy in the future.

Reactions: 1 person
Bituli is who I'm most excited about for USCe. He is a great tackler (as far as we can tell from his minimal playing time) I think he's going to do great and be an excellent protégé to Kirkland. Hopefully he can master the cerebral part of the defense and be a solid MLB. The injury that hurts the worst for the future of the defense is really Sapp. He looked great in spring practice and had that really unfortunate injury that is causing him to lose valuable reps this season with JRM out. I really hope he can stay healthy in the future.

That is pretty unfortunate, but it's a pretty exciting outlook on LBs if you ask me. Kirkland, Bituli, Jumper, Mcdowell, Sapp, Berry, Blakely, Bryant and Bates at LB. Sounds much better than what we've got now.

Because A&M and Bama and GEORGIA (UGA, they ate up the linebackers) didn't make our linebackers who lack athletic ability pay?

Bottom line is put your best athletes on the field and Butch doesn't do that..........consistently

So if you had a QB that was a true freshman that didn't know the offense at all, would you throw him in the game because he has the best arm and the fastest legs?

The players have to actually know what they are supposed to do. It takes some time to get there, and LB would have one of the hardest learning curves.

It's pretty common on all teams to have younger players evolve as the season develops.

But, if you just want to hate on CBJ because that's your thing, feel free.

Given how we've played vs the run this year, we need all 11 in the box. Of course, given how we've played vs the pass this year, we need 5-6 DBs on the field at all times with 2 safeties always giving help to our corners.

We need to run a 4-5-4 to stop the run!

It's called player development. He's to a point were we no longer are in the gauntlet and can afford to give him some live action against lesser talented teams. You can't throw a young player to the wolves, knowing he doesn't even know his keys. He'll be put in a few, taken out and talked to about his performance and what he sees, then put back in etc. so on and so on.

Tell this to Coleman Thomas.

That's exactly what the staff did to him in 2014 against Oklahoma.

I think if you look at film of his last 4 games you will se him making tackle all over the field, breaking up passes against WRs down field and defending those passes very well. He is an SEC caliber linebacker ad continues to improve with experience. He has led the team in tackles for at least three games and we are very fortunate to have him playing for us.

This

I watched this dude play 3 times at Nashville Christian in bigtime games and he was a beast out there every time. Speed, size, and skill! He will definitely help us I think.

So he is going to play the whole game?

Because their offense sucks. They might not get to 30 snaps

VN Store

Back