Todd Helton

Well since I'm a Braves fan, I think I'll adopt the Rockies as the team I'm rooting for to win it all. If they lose the one game playoff then I'll be alright as long as the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies don't win the ring.

I hope the Rockies win today so Helton gets a taste of the playoffs, but the Cubs are gonna win it all!! :unsure:

I'm a Braves fan as well and the only comfort I get over missing the playoffs is that the Mets are home as well :)

Well since I'm a Braves fan, I think I'll adopt the Rockies as the team I'm rooting for to win it all. If they lose the one game playoff then I'll be alright as long as the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies don't win the ring.

Do not speak such sins against the Red Sox.

Playing well right now. Sac fly in the 1st and a solo HR in the 3rd.

Agreed on all counts, with the caveat that I don't even care that much if the Phillies win it. As long as it's not the Yanks or Red Sox.

How about Alan Cockrell? An old roommate just sent me this link as well. So Helton isn't the only Rockie!

COACHING CAREER: Cockrell was named hitting coach on Nov. 7, 2006. Cockrell begins his 10th season as a staff member in the Rockies organization, his second stint as the clubs major league hitting coach. Cockrell was also the Rockies hitting coach for the last five months of the 2002 season after Clint Hurdle was promoted to manager on April 29 that year. Cockrell has actually been a part of the Colorado organization for 12 of the last 13 seasons, as he spent the final three years of his playing career with the club (1994-96)for the last four seasons (2003-06), he has been the hitting coach at Triple-A Colorado Springs. He was the organizations Roving Hitting Coordinator in 2001-02, before filling in at the big league level for most of that second season. He managed for two seasons prior to that, guiding High-A Salem to a 73-67 record in 2000 and Portland (Rookie) to a 39-37 mark in 1999. His first job with the club was as a professional scout in 1998.

PLAYING CAREER: The ninth overall pick by the Giants in the 1984 June draft out of the University of Tennessee, Cockrell was a minor league outfielder for 13 seasons from 1984-96. His only Major League action came in nine games for the Rockies in September of 1996. Cockrell's Major League debut came Sept. 7, 1996 at the Astrodome, a pinch strikeout against Billy Wagner. His first big league hit was a pinch double off Tom Glavine on Sept. 10, 1996 vs. Atlanta at Coors Field. Cockrell was an All-American at Tennessee, where he was the Volunteers starting quarterback for two years (1982-83)a third-team All-American on the gridiron in 1983, Cockrell helped the Vols to the Citrus Bowl championship.

Congrats to Todd, always one of my favorites. Except when Central played Oak Ridge.

Holliday never touched the plate........but it matters not. I hope they smash the Phillies, but I really don't see it happening.

a.danhaggerty_2.jpg

"Grizzly Adams did have a beard" -Lee Trevino

Saw where Helton had the 3rd longest games played without a playoff appearance (almost 1600). Good to see him make it.

VN Store

Back