Today begins the court martial of Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Terry Lakin.

More like vapor on its way up to be like, one with the clouds, man.

Reminds me of the Chinese proverb of the stonecutter.

The Stonecutter as busy cutting a large stone and thought to himself one day, some day I will be gone and no one will remember me but people will stop and see this stone, read the inscription and think of it each time they pass, I wish I were a stone.

And so the stonecutter became the stone and after a long while as he sat watching the people pass by while being warmed by the hot sun, a cloud passed overhead and it's shade cooled him and then passed on out of sight and the stone thought, if I were a cloud I wouldn't have to sit in the same place all the time, I could travel around the world and see all there is to see and people would appreciate me more, I wish I were a cloud.

And so the stone became a cloud but after a while the cloud realized it was the wind who moved him about and began to envy the power of the wind which turned windmills and moved sailing ships about the sea and could be ever so changing, wafting a gentle breeze upon the soft cheek of a beautiful maiden or blowing strong enough to destroy houses and the cloud wished he were the wind but after a while became disatisfied because no one can see the wind and one day blew the dust from the face of a stone being chiseled by a stonecutter and so the wind wished he were a stonecutter because he thought he would be more appreciated.

And the wind became a stonecutter.

Try not to get blown away milo. :)

dando.jpg

CDR Charles Kerchner Speaks out about the Court-Martial of Lt. Col. Terry Lakin| The Post & Email

VN Store

Back