To 'take a dive' or 'not to take a dive'...thats the question...

Is McDermott going to be a high pick? He may end up being good, but he's a lot like Morrison, if you ask me.

He reminds me of a young Hakeem the Dream. I think he'll be alright, he's just raw.

My biggest lock for a pretty good NBA player would be McDermott. What's your thought on him?

McDermott is a lock for being a role player. Guys like Randle and Parker are NBA ready right now.

Is McDermott going to be a high pick? He may end up being good, but he's a lot like Morrison, if you ask me.

Anyone that picks him with the hope that he's going to be a key contributor is probably mistaken. I see him as a decent role player.

Not saying he's going to be a stud. But Adam Morrison wishes he could shoot as good as McDermott. Except for his last year Morrison was a terrible 3pt shooter, and was an average ft shooter his whole career. For some reason people think he was some amazing college shooter, for his career. He basically had one great shooting year and that was it, McDermott has been doing it for 4 years.

Not saying he's going to be a stud. But Adam Morrison wishes he could shoot as good as McDermott. Except for his last year Morrison was a terrible 3pt shooter, and was an average ft shooter his whole career. For some reason people think he was some amazing college shooter, for his career. He basically had one great shooting year and that was it, McDermott has been doing it for 4 years.

They are alike in that neither of them will be more than a serviceable role player in the NBA.

McDermott could be good, but I can't think of a single big man who is good and all he does is shoot. Even Dirk was a good rebounder and played OK D in his prime, and McDermott is not going to shoot like Dirk, IMO.

McDermott could be good, but I can't think of a single big man who is good and all he does is shoot. Even Dirk was a good rebounder and played OK D in his prime, and McDermott is not going to shoot like Dirk, IMO.

Not even close. Dirk is 7 foot and has a high release point. His shot is almost indefensible.

McDermott is a decent rebounder 7.5 for his career. He's a bad defender, and doesn't pass (though that's the system there). Not many people do shoot like Dirk, but he does shoot better than 80% of the league. Again not saying he'll be a stud, but I don't see him being a Morrison type bust either.

The key for him is, how will he fit into a normal offense not geared toward getting him buckets? So many of these guys can't and disappear.

McDermott is a decent rebounder 7.5 for his career. He's a bad defender, and doesn't pass (though that's the system there). Not many people do shoot like Dirk, but he does shoot better than 80% of the league. Again not saying he'll be a stud, but I don't see him being a Morrison type bust either.

The key for him is, how will he fit into a normal offense not geared toward getting him buckets? So many of these guys can't and disappear.

I think he will struggle with bigger, better athletes guarding him every single night.

I think he will struggle with bigger, better athletes guarding him every single night.

Probably. But if he ends up in the right situation, getting kick outs off drives and double teams he could be alright. Guess we will know in about a year.

Probably. But if he ends up in the right situation, getting kick outs off drives and double teams he could be alright. Guess we will know in about a year.

That's the point though. He won't be able to create his own offense in the NBA which will make him just a spot up shooter. There is value in that but not much.

No. I never want any team I'm coaching to think losing is ever an option, let alone a good one.

You coach? Those teams must be terrible.

Also, that wasn't the question.

You're thinking like a coach and not like an owner. If you're choosing to be the coach in this scenario and going against the wishes of the guy paying your salary and trying to run a successful franchise, he'll fire your goofy ass. Then you can fade off into the sunset.

Seriously... you couldn't even read the original post and answer the question correctly. I'm guessing your x's and o's ain't so good.

Lets assume you are the majority owner of a NBA team.

Your response.. "No. I never want any team I'm coaching".

Talk about being completely off topic.

For the record... only players with a future would be willing to tank. Any player in a contract year and that isn't an established player won't tank. Some coaches won't even tank in your favor.

The Sixers know how to tank... trade two 25 year olds capable of getting you wins here and there for a washed up player on an expiring contract. Then waive the player you've acquired. Funny cause Turner and Allen were both expiring contracts anyways and they were making less than Granger. That's how bad the Sixers wanna tank.

MWC, Noel and Parker/Wiggins/Embiid/Randle/Smart is the way to go. I'm on board with that if I'm the Sixers. They weren't winning anything anyways.

That's the point though. He won't be able to create his own offense in the NBA which will make him just a spot up shooter. There is value in that but not much.

Well I never said he was going to be a star, I said he won't be Adam Morrison.

Well I never said he was going to be a star, I said he won't be Adam Morrison.

I know. Somebody in here said he was "their biggest lock to be a good player". I'm not sure why we are even talking about a guy who will be lucky to get 20 minutes a game as a pro.

For the record... only players with a future would be willing to tank. Any player in a contract year and that isn't an established player won't tank. Some coaches won't even tank in your favor.

The Sixers know how to tank... trade two 25 year olds capable of getting you wins here and there for a washed up player on an expiring contract. Then waive the player you've acquired. Funny cause Turner and Allen were both expiring contracts anyways and they were making less than Granger. That's how bad the Sixers wanna tank.

MWC, Noel and Parker/Wiggins/Embiid/Randle/Smart is the way to go. I'm on board with that if I'm the Sixers. They weren't winning anything anyways.

There is definitely a way to tank. Noel and Randle/Parker would be nice.

I think there is a ton of value in that kind of offensive specialization as long as you can play D.

VN Store

Back