'19 TN WR Trey Knox

So is it pretty much confirmed Pruitt has passed on Knox?
Don't think he's passed on him, per se. Rather we only likely take one more receiver and there are at least 3-4 guys the staff thinks is a better fit for what they want to do. Curry, Payton, Khafre Brown, etc.

Highlights lacked top end speed needed for the SEC, with all due respect

Wasn't all that impressed myself but your not really going for a guy like that for his speed. You want him to have good speed but your primarily Using him for size matchups in redzone. He isn't really the WR type I recall seeing in a USC/WestKY offense or even the new Bama style WRs.

I'd be fine with taking him but also wouldn't hurt my feelings if we didn't.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Wasn't all that impressed myself but your not really going for a guy like that for his speed. You want him to have good speed but your primarily Using him for size matchups in redzone. He isn't really the WR type I recall seeing in a USC/WestKY offense or even the new Bama style WRs.

I'd be fine with taking him but also wouldn't hurt my feelings if we didn't.
No offense, but I hate that argument “big red zone target”. I hated it with Jeff George, and I hated it every other time. I can’t remember the last time we had a big slow WR who was a red zone touchdown machine

Get me a dang beast cub that can play and he’ll find the ball. Jennings wasn’t the biggest target in the UGA end zone, but he climbed the tree and pulled down the apple while everyone else was staring up at his plums.

Crystal Ball predictions: Arkansas 54%, Tennessee 31%, Ohio State 15%

Tennessee's former staff gave the four-star wide receiver one of his first offers more than two years ago, and he has visited the Vols multiple times since then. They have emerged as legitimate contenders for him since hosting him for one of their camps in June, and they added a prediction for him in late July. But the two most recent predictions for Knox, which were made Tuesday, pointed to Arkansas as the favorite.

RC

Not sure how I feel about his progress his Sr year at Blackman. It's hard to tell because Blackman is so multiple on offense and the Soph QB and Otey are the primary QB's and are not very accurate. His stats are 10 rushes for 106 yds w/2TDs (long of 56) and 17 receptions for 291 yds w/1TD and a long of 38.

The competition has not been very good thus far. They play Oakland next week. He catches the ball very fluid, but does not run away from anyone. Kind of what we already knew from CJP's analysis of him. ** As a side note, they use Otey all over the field, QB, DB, punt/kickoff returner, and at this point Otey looks to be the superior athlete.

I wonder if he will end of a TE in college.

vs Siegel (59-14 win)

rush - 9 -140yds - 2 TDs - long of 41yds
rec - 2-53yds - 1 TD - long of 46yds

time on trainers tables checking out the cheerleaders/waving at people in stands/helmet off = 15 minutes.
rest of team = 0 minutes

Interesting. Hubbs says he doesn't see him in the class. We already have a few receivers similar to his style. Need some burners

Don't remember if they said anything about how TN feels just that's we have momentum with him.

As for similar WRs, not really. He is pretty different than what is on roster. I do agree we need a speedster added though.

Don't remember if they said anything about how TN feels just that's we have momentum with him.

As for similar WRs, not really. He is pretty different than what is on roster. I do agree we need a speedster added though.

So are Latrell Williams and Tyler Byrd just incapable of running routes or something?

Reactions: jbr82

VN Store

Back