'19 TN WR Trey Knox

Do you still like all the teams you liked when you were growing up?

True. As a youth I was an Ole Miss fan (my dad played MLB for the Rebels and lived and breathed Ole Miss and hated UT). I ended up becoming somewhat of an LSU fan for a short while, I think mainly to anniy my dad (because he hated them as well). Then an uncle on my mother's side took me to a UT game and I was hooked on the Vols for life.

Reactions: 1 person
I seent it. Wasn't sure if it was autocorrect, a joke or a case of the dumb. Figured one of the first 2, but will await a ruling from baldbiker.

He's on the beach. No time for us anymore. :cray:

Knox has already been making the recruiting rounds and took his first trip to Ohio State last season for the Northwestern game along with 2018 RB Master Teague. "It was crazy, there was like 108-thousand people there and it was not even the biggest game of the season," Knox said. "That just shows how dedicated the fan base is and the atmosphere of the stadium, it was surreal."

"The second trip was more informational, I learned about the education and I just got to see how the wide receiver group functions on a day-to-day basis in the offense that they run," Knox said. Zach Smith and Urban Meyer have been heavily involved in Knox's recruitment. Knox has developed a strong bond already with Smith. "We talk every week, Thursday or Friday, and he is cool," Knox said. "He acts like one of us, just cool. He cracks jokes all the time."

Knox has followed Urban Meyer for a long time. He grew up watching the Florida Gators when Meyer was there as the head coach. Florida remains a team that Knox enjoys watching and the Gators have been trying to parlay that into something with Knox. "The fans and really the offense that they run, I could see myself fitting into the offense," Knox said. "Maybe going in and playing my freshman year if I am good enough. Just that it is a family there, I love the way people interact with each other down in Gainesville."

In-state Tennessee hosted Knox recently for a visit for their spring game. "It was really a great place to be, in-state school so you did not have to go that far," Knox said. "The people were great at the spring game. I got to see a lot of competition between the wide receivers and the DBs."

Should fans be concerned about distance being a factor with Knox? "It is really not a big deal right now," Knox said. With both Knox and Teague coming out of the same high school, could both players aim to head to the same school at the next level? "We have talked about it on multiple occasions, about us playing at the same school," Knox said. "We think it would be a great opportunity to show that Murfreesboro (Tenn.) boys at the same school, putting on a show for the country."

- OSU Rivals site

It's definitely a good instate year when guys like Knox and Teague could both bail to OSU and the class wouldn't be affected at all. Will be interesting though to see if UT has trouble recruiting Blackman following the Hurd situation.

It's definitely a good instate year when guys like Knox and Teague could both bail to OSU and the class wouldn't be affected at all. Will be interesting though to see if UT has trouble recruiting Blackman following the Hurd situation.

Hurd didn't play at Blackman

I thought Hurd went to a different school and Jennings is our player that went to Blackman. Jennings has had a good career at UT and if he takes over and dominates the number 1 wr position like i think he will he could be on his way to the NFL which would help with Knox. Also I hate OSUs WR coach. Always has stories that come out about him to make him seem like a jerk.

I thought Hurd went to a different school and Jennings is our player that went to Blackman. Jennings has had a good career at UT and if he takes over and dominates the number 1 wr position like i think he will he could be on his way to the NFL which would help with Knox. Also I hate OSUs WR coach. Always has stories that come out about him to make him seem like a jerk.

Hurd went to Beech

The OSU WR coach is the one who went off after Guaratano told them no, right?

Reactions: 1 person
Just talked to his teammate. He grew up a Gator fan when Urb was the coach.

Teammate had plenty to say about a few players on the team.

A few players on our (UTs) team...or a few players on Knoxs team?

VN Store

Back