'25 TN WR Radarious Jackson (Tennessee commit)

The Scout

Volquest caught up with On3’s Director of Rankings and Scouting Services Charles Power to get his thoughts on Jackson’s game.

“Radarius Jackson is a prospect that we’ve liked quite a bit, dating back to the fall, I think simply put, he’s a playmaker,” Power told Volquest. “This is a guy who finds ways to impact the game in really every, every phase, every aspect. You know, not surprising that he was named Mr. Football for his classification after the end of the season. He’s a guy who I think shows exciting flashes as a receiver prospect. For starters, I think he shows a very, very good burst off the line. He can track the ball, winning contested situations. And I think what makes Radarius Jackson interesting is his ability after the catch. He’s a bigger receiver at 6-2, 195 pounds, but gets North-South quickly, shows a good bit of wiggle in making defenders miss in space, and he kind of becomes like a running back with the ball in his hands.

“So I think he can make a lot of plays in the quick game. He’s a guy who you could hand the ball off to and just use in a multitude of ways. I just love the overall toughness. We see him play defense, and carry the ball. He’s made plays as a return man. There are so many things that I think are encouraging about the football player on Friday night. Then, of course, he’s a good basketball player. I just think this is a guy who’s just kind of a competitor, a gamer. I think once he focuses solely on receiver and gets the coaching he’s going to get at Tennessee, I think there’s certainly an upside that Vols fans should be excited about.”

Power believes Jackson’s upside due to his age and potential for further development is very high.

“A big in-state get, certainly one of the top prospects in the state of Tennessee” Power continued about Jackson. “One of the better prospects from Memphis over the last couple of cycles, and I think he’s a guy who fits what Tennessee likes to do on offense and, I think gives the Volunteers another blue-chip receiver. That’s a position they’ve recruited well in the last several cycles, and I think Radarius Jackson continues that trend of just stacking playmakers for Josh Heupel and his staff to exploit. I’ll also add that Radarious Jackson, like Sidney Walton, is younger for the class. He’s got a late birthday turning 17 in August, so he will have been freshly turned 18 in his first couple of months as a college football player. I think there are so many positive signs here. In addition to all of the factors I talked about, he has a big frame at 6-2, 195, plus length, and big hands. So I think he’s a guy who, once he gets in Tennessee’s program, just from a coaching perspective, gets in the weight room, he’s the guy who I think certainly has a bunch of physical upside as he’s developed in Knoxville.”

-Matt Ray

VN Store

Back