'25 TN RB Shekai Mills-Knight

Ends up at Bama when they offer at the last minute.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Interesting.
His father was Usain Bolts track coach for Jamaica!

And what is up with so many Canadians of all people being recruited to play at the Chattanooga private schools? Why not Memphis, Dallas, or even Charlotte?
Uncle was the coach and McCallie/Baylor are boarding schools and McCallie won a state championship with the first guys that came down and then Baylor won so now they look at those two schools

Interesting.
His father was Usain Bolts track coach for Jamaica!

And what is up with so many Canadians of all people being recruited to play at the Chattanooga private schools? Why not Memphis, Dallas, or even Charlotte?
Baylor and McCallie are two of the only big-time football playing schools that are also boarding schools (Memphis Dallas, Charlotte and Nashville don't really have any). There are a bunch for basketball (Oak Hill, etc.) but not for football. IMG is really the only one.

Baylor and McCallie are two of the only big-time football playing schools that are also boarding schools (Memphis Dallas, Charlotte and Nashville don't really have any). There are a bunch for basketball (Oak Hill, etc.) but not for football. IMG is really the only one.
I meant why don't they take kids from those cities vs taking them all the way from Canada

Asheville Day, plenty in mid state, CAK (not sure about boarding), one being built (may already be) in White Pine.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I meant why don't they take kids from those cities vs taking them all the way from Canada
There's some sort of pipeline now I guess amongst Canadian prospects. It all started during in 2020, when the Canadian teams didn't have a season due to COVID and the prospects were just looking online for places to play in the US. So, McCallie and Baylor are just exploiting their advantage. They both still get players from inside TN, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, and maybe the Carolinas too. They have both been "recruiting" at a pretty high level since about 2010 or so. I went to Baylor and graduated in 2000 and we only got players from like 30-45 minutes away (North GA, Cleveland, Athens, etc.) But, we got our butts kicked in our first 4 or 5 years in Division II and realized that we had to step our game up to stay competitive.

There's some sort of pipeline now I guess amongst Canadian prospects. It all started during in 2020, when the Canadian teams didn't have a season due to COVID and the prospects were just looking online for places to play in the US. So, McCallie and Baylor are just exploiting their advantage. They both still get players from inside TN, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, and maybe the Carolinas too. They have both been "recruiting" at a pretty high level since about 2010 or so. I went to Baylor and graduated in 2000 and we only got players from like 30-45 minutes away (North GA, Cleveland, Athens, etc.) But, we got our butts kicked in our first 4 or 5 years in Division II and realized that we had to step our game up to stay competitive.
Kid came down to McCallie and won state and the Covid cancelled season up there so they started coming down bc they could get in front of college coaches and compete for a state championship. Then Baylor entered the mix for them too as both are boarding schools. As they continue to get these kids to produce in a big way and then go D1, they’re going to keep coming

Baylor School RB Shekai Mills-Knight picked up an offer from Tennessee earlier this month during the contact period, and we expect him to be in town next month for a Junior day. The Canadian native exploded in the second half of the season and is starting to generate serious interest from major Power 5 programs.
-VQ

VN Store

Back