'22 TN QB Tevin Carter (Memphis commit)

Kenton Evans went there then transferred to TSU. He was putting up video game numbers in high school. That's what I'm saying, is I can't name 1 QB from Memphis to have a successful career at Memphis.
Didn’t he go to Westwood or Whitehaven??

Will Gross only committed to Memphis because his grades were so bad he couldn’t get in anywhere else. He ended up not even qualifying for Memphis.
giphy.gif

I can't remember ANY Memphis QB's going there;)

That's my guy. He's a really good qb coach too. Just left Ark Pine Bluff for Miss Valley. In hs he was a walking video game stat throwing fool at Westwood lol. Really good dude too. Walks around with a white beard as if he's really old but is younger than I am.
Maybe he can bring back the Willie Totten/Archie Cooley days to the Valley

Reactions: de1conley
That's my guy. He's a really good qb coach too. Just left Ark Pine Bluff for Miss Valley. In hs he was a walking video game stat throwing fool at Westwood lol. Really good dude too. Walks around with a white beard as if he's really old but is younger than I am.
I was at the game when Beech knocked them out of the playoffs his senior year. One of the best high school games I've ever seen.

I was at the game when Beech knocked them out of the playoffs his senior year. One of the best high school games I've ever seen.

Yeah we always talk football and he's the reason Jalen Macon went to APB but of course a better opportunity came available at MSV. Also had a kid from Ensworth went down there too because of our connection to him, but as we told them you'll be fine because they have a wonderful program. Kenton is a rising star in the coaching world. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Memphis on that staff soon.

Yeah we always talk football and he's the reason Jalen Macon went to APB but of course a better opportunity came available at MSV. Also had a kid from Ensworth went down there too because of our connection to him, but as we told them you'll be fine because they have a wonderful program. Kenton is a rising star in the coaching world. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Memphis on that staff soon.
I keep hearing good things about him as a coach. He was very sharp as a young man. What ever happened to Damien Dodson? (His record setting WR)

I keep hearing good things about him as a coach. He was very sharp as a young man. What ever happened to Damien Dodson? (His record setting WR)

He's works at Bank of Bartlett and has a son at MUS that's a rising star. Also Dodson played for about 3 teams in the NFL and the Nashville Kats too

He's works at Bank of Bartlett and has a son at MUS that's a rising star. Also Dodson played for about 3 teams in the NFL and the Nashville Kats too
As far as the way his football career went, I think you're confusing Damien Dodson with my cousin, Dewayne Dotson. I do think Damien played some arena ball for the Memphis Maniax though.

Reactions: FranklinVol16
As far as the way his football career went, I think you're confusing Damien Dodson with my cousin, Dewayne Dotson. I do think Damien played some arena ball for the Memphis Maniax though.

Kenton told me this about Damien. I talked to him this a.m. and asked because you had asked me.

Kenton told me this about Damien. I talked to him this a.m. and asked because you had asked me.
I don't doubt that, I just don't remember Damien on any NFL rosters or with the Kats. My cousin (Dewayne Dotson) was with the Cowboys, Dolphins, and Buccaneers before playing for the Nashville Kats. My cousin played for the Vols before transferring and becoming an All-SEC linebacker at Ole Miss.

I just looked him up and it says he participated in camp with the Rams and Lions in 2000, but never made a team. Wasn't trying to discount what you were saying. It's just that the info you gave paralleled my cousins career. They have the same last name, different spelling.

I don't doubt that, I just don't remember Damien on any NFL rosters or with the Kats. My cousin (Dewayne Dotson) was with the Cowboys, Dolphins, and Buccaneers before playing for the Nashville Kats. My cousin played for the Vols before transferring and becoming an All-SEC linebacker at Ole Miss.
I use to work with a guy that played softball with him in Hendersonville. Dewayne was on his way to becoming All SEC here before transferring.

I know Dewayne too. Kenton and Damien were with the Kats at the same time. They used to come in my shop during that time. But yeah he must've meant NFL camps but it's all good. Small world out here LOL

I know Dewayne too. Kenton and Damien were with the Kats at the same time. They used to come in my shop during that time. But yeah he must've meant NFL camps but it's all good. Small world out here LOL
Who do you not know? Lol

VN Store

Back