'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

Talked to a good friend today who has really good ties to prep football. He is a big UF fan and doesn’t like TN so he has zero reason to blow sunshine our way. What he said is that GMac might not have the Nico star power but other players really like him and they gravitate toward him. He feels like GMac would be able to pull several top players to come with him and this could be our best class in decades.

IMO, peer recruiting will be massive this year. Something to definitely watch.

Eveyone knew Nico was one of the best but he didn’t really get guys to commit. Some guys just have a personality that people gravitate too. Hopefully GMac is that guy.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Eveyone knew Nico was one of the best but he didn’t really get guys to commit. Some guys just have a personality that people gravitate too. Hopefully GMac is that guy.
nico is from cali. he got us in with several big time guys, we couldn't close with many of them because of the ncaa issues, and most of guys he knew were back in cali, or WC guys. still the nico effect is real.

nico is from cali. he got us in with several big time guys, we couldn't close with many of them because of the ncaa issues, and most of guys he knew were back in cali, or WC guys. still the nico effect is real.
I agree, the ncaa stuff really hurt us with nico's class. I believe him being here made it easier for spyre and the coaches to talk the guys we wanted back into staying too.

People gravitate towards Nico big time. It’s just hard to bring people to Tennessee with you when your people are out west. George is from the southeast in TN’s recruiting footprint and then in-state guys you would hope already at least favor Tennessee a little bit

People gravitate towards Nico big time. It’s just hard to bring people to Tennessee with you when your people are out west. George is from the southeast in TN’s recruiting footprint and then in-state guys you would hope already at least favor Tennessee a little bit
Also during the time of Nico’s recruitment/commitment there were still a lot of unanswered questions regarding the Pruitt mess and that NCAA investigation.

So since GM earned his 5th star does that mean he’s better than when he was a 4 star prospect? Asking for a friend.
6715165f-6c11-4c43-8276-af7f92c3352d_text.gif

I guess I'm confused about how this works...he's not a 5* on any of the recruiting sites (including On3) but he's a composite 5* on On3...

I guess it makes perfect sense if you don't think about it
Been couple decades for me feels like quantum mechanics

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I guess I'm confused about how this works...he's not a 5* on any of the recruiting sites (including On3) but he's a composite 5* on On3...

I guess it makes perfect sense if you don't think about it

It’s because they haven’t given anyone 5 stars yet, but if you look, he’s rated in the top 25-30 on every service except ESPN, but they don’t count. So if they HAD issues 5 stars so far, he’d be one

Kind of weird but hopefully that makes sense.

Reactions: StoVol

VN Store

Back