'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

The Legion of the VN Board Police always grows exponentially during coaching searches, recruiting season, and during UF, UGA, and Bama weeks.

More cops around here than at a Krispy Kreme convention...

Go Vols.
Hateraide if I've ever seen any!! Lol but for real, you can't be a UGA student/player/future alumnus and be a VFL. It's literally in the contract.

Yea you can.. Otherwise he would've steered him toward home or Clemson. Not an interdivisonal rival. I would also imagine Kieth would pull for his son, and therefore Georgia. Do VFL's support bulldogs? I didn't think they did.

Kevin earned his VFL card by putting his all on the line for UT for 4 years.

You can't just yank it when his kid goes to a college you disapprove of. Cade is old enough to make his own decisions. Kevin is supportive of his son choosing his own path like any good father.

Reactions: 1 person
I do hope the best for Cade as he goes to Georgia but the one I feel bad for is Trey Smith ....who basically Cade talked into coming to Tennessee.... but I truly believe that Trey is a much better lineman than Cade will be. Still wish we had him I know his dad and his uncle wanted him to be at UT at the end of the day but aren’t we glad Archie didn’t make Peyton go to Ole Miss?
We're not on probation, new coach (which this board seemed to love), grows up in town, family legacy etc... Not to mention we hadn't lost to Ole Miss in years. UGA gets one win in what was our worst season and now there head and shoulders better? I think not. Oh well though, Athens is a fun little town.

If we are winning again soon, he will regret this decision. If we are not, he probably made the best decision for him. Time will tell...on to the next.

Interestingly here in Atlanta, local radio was touting how UGA got 4 of the top 20 5 star players in the country. They got the number #1 QB, RB, OL, and OLB. Went on raving about each one, the OL kid was a >340 pounder from here in Georgia, Mays was not even mentioned.

He'll be lucky to see the field any time soon since they started a true freshman and a RS freshman on the right side of their OL this year.

There are no guarantees in college football, ask Tiny Richardson and Drew Richmond. If it doesn’t work out how they planned they are appreciated and revered by Vols fans for staying home. If it doesn’t work out for Cade, he can chase goats in North Georgia with the rest of those inbreds bc no one here will give a crap about him. And, without a cousin or sister, he’ll never find a Wife.

We're not on probation, new coach (which this board seemed to love), grows up in town, family legacy etc... Not to mention we hadn't lost to Ole Miss in years. UGA gets one win in what was our worst season and now there head and shoulders better? I think not. Oh well though, Athens is a fun little town.

some might say what we just went through this last year is worse than being on probation LOL Specially when it comes to recruiting

There are no guarantees in college football, ask Tiny Richardson and Drew Richmond. If it doesn’t work out how they planned they are appreciated and revered by Vols fans for staying home. If it doesn’t work out for Cade, he can chase goats in North Georgia with the rest of those inbreds bc no one here will give a crap about him. And, without a cousin or sister, he’ll never find a Wife.

I live in north Georgia - none of what you said is accurate

Reactions: 3 people

Signed with Georgia. A big lost for us! Good luck young man.

A very sad day indeed. Cade could have come to UT and continue a legacy began by his dad to be a VFL....now he will have to tell his kids and grandkids that he ended up being a DAWG.......

GBO

Would have much ratger seen him go to Clemson. Its going to be hard for us to catch up to Georgia. Smart is becoming the definition of a grand slam hire.

Reactions: 4 people
It's obvious to me that continuing the legacy and helping Tennessee become great again meant nothing to him. He certainly would have helped us, but if your heart ain't there then it ain't there. He can have Georgia. We don't need him. We need legacy players who have a heart for Tennessee.

Reactions: 4 people
It should be mandatory to post your age with post like this.

Why do I owe him well wishes? Are we to assume every 18 yr old is automatically a good kid that deserves everyones respect and adulation?

It's probably not nice of me to wish negative things on him. That's true. Just miffed the way he turned his back on us that's all.

Reactions: 2 people
This is like some guy you don’t really like borrowing $20. Then because he won’t pay you back you don’t have to talk to him no more because he will run from you. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

VN Store

Back