'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

You know this kid is an orange blood if he is the son of Kevin Mays. I pray that he has better knees. Kevin was the prototype VFL.

I'm from Kingston, the same town as the Mays'. I actually coached Cade and his brother at a golf clinic in Kingston a few years ago, probably 2008. Cade was almost as tall as me, 6', as a 10 year old.

sb3hn4.gif

"@_mayc2: Can't wait until May 23rd when I am officially eligible for high school football!!!😃 http://t.co/StXH3TZx8D"

Cade Mays

Mays was one of the quicker offensive lineman at FBU Top Gun. He has extremely mobile feet and they helped him move during 1-on-1’s. He was an aggressive lineman who didn’t wait for the defensive line to come to him, rather he went after them. Using his excellent strength, he sent three defensive lineman to the turf and really got the crowd, scouts and fellow athletes excited by his play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Is it just me or has all of a sudden when Butch was hired we have had a ton of legacies go through the recruiting process. Oh wait Dooley just didn't recruit the legacies.

Reactions: 5 people
Dooley was just... different. He cared about the smallest of things that weren't even important. Like what songs the band would be playing at halftime instead of what offensive scheme we should be running.

I hope this kid is a beast like the old man was.For some of you younger Vol fans that don't remember Kevin he was the kinda of player you all would hate if he played against you but loved if he was on your team.He was that guy.60 minutes of non stop trying to smash the hell out of who ever was in front of him wearing a different colored jersey.Hope Cade turns out the same.Nice to hear about his quick feet.A lot of big kids out their but very few that can move.

Dooley was just... different. He cared about the smallest of things that weren't even important. Like what songs the band would be playing at halftime instead of what offensive scheme we should be running.

He also did had little concern for talent

"Who the hell is Ryan Jenkins?"
-Derek Dooley

I only want Hurd if he will play TE ~ Dooley

Vonn Bell is too fast to play saftey for our program~ Dooley

Bama offered Kelly Jr so I don't stand a chance ~ Dooley

What is a Khalil? I don't like dtackles anyway~ Dooley

Derek Dooley will go down in history as a SEC head football coach. Football fans (and everyone else) will still be talking about him 100 years from now.
:censored:

Knox Catholic has been putting out some quality players lately. Might have to make the drive up there to catch a game.

That's boy is huge. I thought Charles Mosley was huge, I hate to see what he is going to be like in 4 years.

His pops was one of my favorite vols.Nasty in the trenches.

That's one thing the Vols linemen have been lacking for years - a nasty attitude. Mays started his career at UT on the defensive side of the ball but was converted to offensive line. There is something to be said for switching from switching from D-Line to O-Line - difference in mentality.

That's one thing the Vols linemen have been lacking for years - a nasty attitude. Mays started his career at UT on the defensive side of the ball but was converted to offensive line. There is something to be said for switching from switching from D-Line to O-Line - difference in mentality.

I think they are more aggressive.Mays was brutal.Just an absolute mauler.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back