'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

Well, thanks for the diagnosis but I'm fine, a realist, but Im fine.

Hall probably isn't coming back next yr if ever. Nothing has been formally announced but even Matthews is now alluding to the fact "if hall comes back." Maybe he wants to time to think about everything but I doubt he'd be ready for Sept even if hes had surgery. As of early Nov, he hadn't.

Maybe miracles can happen in the weight room but it will take miracles for Johnson, Tatum and Locklear to be ready to dominate in SEC next season. Too bad Tatum and Locklear didn't get the luxury of a redshirt as both could have used it.

Brooks was manhandled.. He was thrown around like a kid

He really doesn't. Its all going back to attitude. Pruitt expects the work, and I've heard Cade has developed an attitude problem since his decommit. He's being told how special he is, and Pruitt doesn't play that game like butch did.

I honestly don't think he would be as good as he is if he was not a hard worker. Anyone who has been through even one practice at a P5 school will be telling him he has to work. I hate that he is almost definitely not coming here and I don't wish either Georgia or Clemson any success, but to imply that he is not going to continue to work hard is very short-sighted IMO.

He really doesn't. Its all going back to attitude. Pruitt expects the work, and I've heard Cade has developed an attitude problem since his decommit. He's being told how special he is, and Pruitt doesn't play that game like butch did.

A lot easier to derecruit once on campus when upfront about the expectations and how hard They will be pushed vs. sunshine and rainbows all the time.

I am sure it has been said, but I think this young man was never committed to Tennessee, he was committed to his buddies dad. if he was dedicated to being a Vol, he would have at least acted like he had Tennessee as a finalist just to appease the local fanbase. And really, if he took time to examine the situation, he would be happy that staff is gone. If his dream is to be a Vol, he does not need to build a relationship with the new coaches, you spend an evening with Coach Fulmer, and he tells you and your parents that he will personally watch over you. Truth is, it appears he had his feelings hurt over Butch's firing and wants to stick it to Tennessee by putting out a top 3 without UT just to embarrass them. And then to take it further, he disrespects the new staff by not even giving them a few minutes of his time. And I will bet that Butch's hurt feelings will infect the entire Catholic program. This young man has the right to go where it will "benefit" him most, I understand that, just like it is my right to think he is gutless for not being honest about why he all of a sudden shut us out. I would just like for him to say "it was never about the school". Be honest, because it sure looks like this is the situation.

Reactions: 3 people
I honestly don't think he would be as good as he is if he was not a hard worker. Anyone who has been through even one practice at a P5 school will be telling him he has to work. I hate that he is almost definitely not coming here and I don't wish either Georgia or Clemson any success, but to imply that he is not going to continue to work hard is very short-sighted IMO.
Cade is flat out physically gifted. He hasn't had to work as hard. Also key point to my comment of him not wanting to do the work, goes back to how CLEM and UGA are recruiting him. Its all about how with just 3 years there he is an auto NFL player. Butch did the same thing. The kid has bought into his hype, and doesn't want to be told off the bat he has a lot of work to do. Pruitt will go through the motions, but Cade doesn't fit the mindset.

Emerson and Litaker say meet them in Santa Clara, Ca. at Levi’s Stadium, January 7, 2019. If Cade can't make it them, he can meet them in New Orleans at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, January 13, 2020.

Pruitt said don't worry about the ones that didn't come, think about the ones who did. They are in this thing together.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody booed the team/players man. They were booing CBJ. Players have always had support of the fans. It's not their fault the coaches sucked and didn't know how to develop them.

The guy you’re responding to is a Butch Jones sycophant, constantly putting his affection for our former coach far ahead of what was/is good for the program.

And make no mistake, he knows why the fans were booing, who they were booing at.

Are we supposed to want kids like this to have a great career? If that is the case, I have some growing up to do..

You do what you think is best.

I wished him the best for his future.

As far as whether or not you have some growing up to do, I guess you'll have to look in the mirror and answer that one yourself..

Cade is flat out physically gifted. He hasn't had to work as hard. Also key point to my comment of him not wanting to do the work, goes back to how CLEM and UGA are recruiting him. Its all about how with just 3 years there he is an auto NFL player. Butch did the same thing. The kid has bought into his hype, and doesn't want to be told off the bat he has a lot of work to do. Pruitt will go through the motions, but Cade doesn't fit the mindset.
I apologize for giving you a hard time before.

If Cade doesn’t want to be here, we don’t need to be the type program to grovel and beg a kid. Imo it’s somewhat disrespectful to not allow the coaches, especially coach Fulmer, at least an in home.

Time to do what CJP said and start worrying about the ones that want to be Vols, not the ones who don’t.

Reactions: 3 people

You need to tell him to go look at the number of OL Dabo has gotten drafted since he became head coach. Here's a hint, TN has had more drafted in one year than Dabo has his entire tenure.

If the guys on VQ, don't give any positive signs this week, then that should tell us that this ship has sailed. They are as close to this recruitment as anyone is. They've set the stage for him not coming already. They'll tip us off if it starts trending back toward UT this week.

Clemson Rivals, because he went hunting instead of an OV. And said that he won't let the new staff in his home for a visit either.

VN Store

Back