'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Seems like a few of you know exactly what Nolen is gonna do. It’s comical.

I am more interested in what he does wherever he ends up. I believe he has great physical gifts and the tremendous potential that goes with that but watched a lot of his games (or big pieces) this year on Diamond Clear and I am not sure if his motor is geared to CONSISTENTLY use those gifts. I would not advise investing the level of money through NIL indicated by some insiders it would take. Will he hone those gifts and skills enough to excel when all the big guys across the line are D1 types? I saw him make some incredible plays chasing down HS backs and crashing pockets, but then I saw him disappear and rest up a bunch also. Make no mistake I would love to have him at UT to find out, but think our NIL funds can be used more broadly with less risk. In our current position, we do not need to have our first big NIL play be a bust by not producing at a notable level. and having to take the comical slings and barbs that would earn. The closest situation in Pre-NIL days to this guy's notoriety and expectations was McKenzie and that led to a lot of frustrations and fruitless speculative analysis. He is definitely a CAN but not a CAN'T MISS in my acknowledged amateur eye. It appears we are talking about CAN'T MISS money for him. Assuming he does not end up here I will wish him a healthy career and hope his slot is filled by an orange to the bone VOL.

BTW just checked and all his games are still available online for free if you want to apply your eye to them before you analyze our NIL decision makers. .

Reactions: tribe80 and RiotVol
I have completely given up on Walter (and it seems he’s totally in it for the money only) but this is quite an interesting development
Yep. With the amount of time he's spent there visiting, he probably already has an apartment secured. If he ends up anywhere other than aTm, it will be one of the biggest shocks I can remember in recruiting circles.

While I would love to have Mr. Nolen flip to the good guys, I would have to give him credit for integrity if he sticks to his commitment.

VN Store

Back