'19 TN CB Maurice Hampton

Pruitt loves them football players in secondary that play baseball at high level too. Makes sense a lot of those skill sets translate from tracking down fly balls etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't be surprised if he flips after visiting. Pruitt is making a lot of headway in the Memphis area. There is a lot of UT buzz among prospects.

Reactions: 16 people
Don't be surprised if he flips after visiting. Pruitt is making a lot of headway in the Memphis area. There is a lot of UT buzz among prospects.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 9 people
The staff also saw defensive back targets Maurice Hampton and Daxton Hill this week. Hampton remains committed to LSU, but Tennessee has at least given itself a chance with the two-sport star. Hampton told VolQuest he will visit Rocky Top for the first time next week and is well-aware of Tennessee’s need for cornerbacks and how highly Pruitt thinks of him. The Vols are not a factor for Hill, but they did offer his teammate this week in tailback Thomas Grayson, who is currently committed to Nebraska.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people

Would be huge. The VQ podcast sounded pretty good in regards to Hampton (considering the current circumstances).

Would be huge. The VQ podcast sounded pretty good in regards to Hampton (considering the current circumstances).

LSU is a dumpster, waiting on a match.

i dunno if we'll flip Hampton or not. but the fact he's on board with visiting and listening to the pitch, well, let's just say its' gotta start somewhere.

Reactions: 1 person
LSU is a dumpster, waiting on a match.

i dunno if we'll flip Hampton or not. but the fact he's on board with visiting and listening to the pitch, well, let's just say its' gotta start somewhere.

Agree. At some point the bottom is going to fall out at LSU with Orgeron running the show.

We just need to get that first big domino to fall for us, both at CB and in the state of NC.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree. At some point the bottom is going to fall out at LSU with Orgeron running the show.

We just need to get that first big domino to fall for us, both at CB and in the state of NC.

honestly, and i'd looove to get Hampton, but i feel pretty confident that no matter what we're going to get a good haul at CB, regardless.

as for NC....i think when it's all said and done, we'll be pretty happy with who we get form our neighbors to the East. w/or w/out Crouch. and i think that still looks good.

I have no idea how LSU finished 8-4 last year in the regular season. They lost to Troy. I know we were bad, but I feel like that type of mind boggling loss will be the rule for them more than the exception under Orgeron eventually.

I have no idea how LSU finished 8-4 last year in the regular season. They lost to Troy. I know we were bad, but I feel like that type of mind boggling loss will be the rule for them more than the exception under Orgeron eventually.

they're not a decade removed from Les Miles' recruiting.

"I was the first DB they offered when they got the job," Hampton said. "They made me a priority and they have let me know here I stand with them. They like me a lot and I think that's why I want to get up there and give them a look."

"I have a lot of friends up there and they have been wanting me to come up," Hampton said. "I know Jerome (Carvin) and Jeremy Banks. I know Drew Richmond and Maleik Gatewood. Both of those guys went to my school."

Pruitt likes bigger defensive backs and Hampton fits that model to a T. "We have just been building a relationship," Hampton said. "He likes my game and how I play. He has made me a priority and has been on me to come up there for a visit and that's part of the reason I'm coming up."

On Fair "We talk on the phone and the conversations that we have had are similar to what coach Pruitt and I have had," Hampton said. "I have the chance to come in there and play early. They want me really bad and I can be a key part of their class and what they are wanting to do."

"A lot of things could change between now and signing day," Hampton said. "Tennessee is the instate school and I don't want to go through the process without giving them a real hard look."

-VQ

Reactions: 18 people

VN Store

Back