'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

He's RB1 all season long no matter who gets healthy or who we land in portal lol. Sampson has elite speed and footwork. Can make anyone miss. Also he's probably the best pass catching RB on the roster. The only thing you have is pass protection haha. And based off what I've read from practice reports he's elevated his game. Yes he is up there with Wright. When he rushes for 1000 plus this year we'll come back to this conversation. Dude averaged 5.68 yards a carry last year 😂.....but okay
And? You read my whole statement and all you got out of it was “only thing you have is pass protection”? If he can’t pass protect better he cannot stay on the field in this offense; it’s the whole damn reason he’s been limited so far. It doesn’t matter how much of an offensive threat he is if he misses blocking assignments and gets Nico killed. Only thing that made Wright a better back was his ability to do everything at a high level.

Reactions: AllVol11717
Lol no he’s not leveled right there with Wright. Sampson has potential to be better but Wright was more a complete back than Sampson has ever showed to this point. Wright could pass protect, had speed to hit the home run, and was big enough to be physical. Sampson has great speed, his vision is very good, he has been a bit undersized to this point and he has sucked in pass protection. Again I think Sampson has the potential to be phenomenal but he has to improve in pass protection or he will find his time on the field more limited.
Sampson is better catching the ball in space imo but you are right that Wright is a more complete back but he also had a year on Sampson…development takes time just like it did for Wright

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
And? You read my whole statement and all you got out of it was “only thing you have is pass protection”? If he can’t pass protect better he cannot stay on the field in this offense; it’s the whole damn reason he’s been limited so far. It doesn’t matter how much of an offensive threat he is if he misses blocking assignments and gets Nico killed. Only thing that made Wright a better back was his ability to do everything at a high level.
Cool story either way he's starting all year unless he gets hurt lol. His freshman and sophomore years are very similar to Wrights. I'll let his season do the talking. He's RB1 on this team for a reason

Sampson is better catching the ball in space imo but you are right that Wright is a more complete back but he also had a year on Sampson…development takes time just like it did for Wright
I think some are misunderstanding my criticism of Sampson as well. He has the potential to be a special player.

I think some are misunderstanding my criticism of Sampson as well. He has the potential to be a special player.
I think most ppl know if Sampson gets better at pass support and small yardage situations he will be a beast in this system no doubt we just need to find his backups since they are unproven at this point

He's RB1 all season long no matter who gets healthy or who we land in portal lol. Sampson has elite speed and footwork. Can make anyone miss. Also he's probably the best pass catching RB on the roster. The only thing you have is pass protection haha. And based off what I've read from practice reports he's elevated his game. Yes he is up there with Wright. When he rushes for 1000 plus this year we'll come back to this conversation. Dude averaged 5.68 yards a carry last year 😂.....but okay
Jaylen Wright averaged 7.4 ypc last year on many more carries.
1713361485696.png

Jaylen Wright averaged 7.4 ypc last year on many more carries.
View attachment 635070
Now go look at what Wright averaged his sophomore year lol. Very similar to Sampson. And I guess I have to state the obvious but that's Wrights numbers as RB1 haha. Obviously he had more carries lol. It's Sampson turn to get the bulk now. Plain and simple lol

Yeah thats not happening

Dylan Sampson is arguably better than Wright and Small combined. Bishop, Keith and Lewis are plenty good. We are going to run through everyone but MAYBE Oklahoma.

Jabari and Wright in 2021 were very below average for the SEC and we still ran all over people. (Tiyon was good, but barely played)

Heupel is not changing the offense because we may not have Seldon for a while.

There are a ton of RB's that will fund success behind

LT Heard
LG Lampley/Karic/Umarov/Davis (whoever is LG)
RG Spraggins
RT Campbell
I think your larger point is right: our running game will be fine, but the bolded statement is just asinine. Idk how or why so many of our fans continue to sleep on J Wright.

I think your larger point is right: our running game will be fine, but the bolded statement is just asinine. Idk how or why so many of our fans continue to sleep on J Wright.
Sounds like the same can be said on Sampson lol. Wright isn't here anymore lol. Obviously he was special. But to act like Sampson isn't going to be special is asinine as well lol.

J wright is a dog but Sampson run style is different… Wright rarely ever finished drives but his vision and explosion was so crazy… I think Sampson will put up even better numbers 1 because he doesn’t have as many carries to share and 2 it looks like running is easier to him and he will finish drives… either way if he is healthy he is about to explode… not to mention what Nico being the runner and playmaker will force the defense to do and allow even more room for Sampson…

Sounds like the same can be said on Sampson lol. Wright isn't here anymore lol. Obviously he was special. But to act like Sampson isn't going to be special is asinine as well lol.
Trying to see how many times can you fit “lol” in one post? Big difference between recognizing that to say Sampson is better than Wright and Small combined is a gross overstatement and negging on Sampson. Neither myself nor the other poster you replied to said Sampson won’t have a good year or isn’t a good back. He was already very good last year and has the potential to be great. I expect him to have a great season, perhaps on par with Wright’s last year. But why the need for hyperbole that discounts how good Wright was?

Trying to see how many times can you fit “lol” in one post? Big difference between recognizing that to say Sampson is better than Wright and Small combined is a gross overstatement and negging on Sampson. Neither myself nor the other poster you replied to said Sampson won’t have a good year or isn’t a good back. He was already very good last year and has the potential to be great. I expect him to have a great season, perhaps on par with Wright’s last year. But why the need for hyperbole that discounts how good Wright was?
Well I never said that he was better than Wright and Small combined. I said he was gonna be on the same level as Wright and a few people disagreed so I defended Sampson. Wright isn't even here anymore. It's time to talk about the dude that is

J wright is a dog but Sampson run style is different… Wright rarely ever finished drives but his vision and explosion was so crazy… I think Sampson will put up even better numbers 1 because he doesn’t have as many carries to share and 2 it looks like running is easier to him and he will finish drives… either way if he is healthy he is about to explode… not to mention what Nico being the runner and playmaker will force the defense to do and allow even more room for Sampson…
Nice to have QB that can run for a first if the play is not there, love Milton but we all know the offense wasn’t hitting on all cylinders because the defense wasn’t scared of him running

Just head AP talking to Swain. Said we are not just gonna give a RB a big bag to come here. We are not taking a body just to have someone. It would have to be the perfect situation. Sounds like he thinks like I do. Bringing in more Arabs could upset the locker room.

Just head AP talking to Swain. Said we are not just gonna give a RB a big bag to come here. We are not taking a body just to have someone. It would have to be the perfect situation. Sounds like he thinks like I do. Bringing in more Arabs could upset the locker room.

This is a fantastic auto correct.

1713421653794.gif

Only reports I've heard, from Volquest and 247 have said he could be out until October.

Which is insane to me how a shoulder could be THAT bad. He had surgery in the middle of March and he won't be fine by August 31st?? That's already over 5 months.

Then again, Arion Carter still didn't fully practice and he hurt his shoulder in October last year (Bama game?)

Maybe they are just exaggerating it because they think he will take extra long because he's a RB?
Healing a shoulder is tricky. If not done right, it's an easy joint to FUBAR and thereby end a career..

Holy crap that's funny 🤣. Our guys just don't vibe with them A-Rabs.

VN Store

Back