'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

Yeah too expensive and I don't see how it doesn't effect the RB room in a negative way. Someone could leave and we don't want it to he someone good. Who would agree to be a 3rd string back? Do we want to supplant Cam and risk him leaving?

I thought Bishop looked plenty good to be the 2nd string until Cam is ready. Keith was just ok, lot of work to do for him, but he still has a full fall camp ahead.

It was also really hard to judge them much seeing as the OL was totally overmatched. Nowhere to go all day. That won't be the case come fall.
Keith got going as the game went on. He’s a guy that will definitely help us this season. He fell forward most carries.

Bishop runs harder than Seldon or Keith…
Eventually, Heupel is going to need to play him on short yardage…even though he’s the smaller back of the 3 sophomores.

Bishop may be our #2 back period. Yeah Seldon is 6’2 220 with 4.3 speed, but Bishop just produces, and he’s available.

Need Seldon to get healthy to set things straight

Keith got going as the game went on. He’s a guy that will definitely help us this season. He fell forward most carries.

Eventually, Heupel is going to need to play him on short yardage…even though he’s the smaller back of the 3 sophomores.

Bishop may be our #2 back period. Yeah Seldon is 6’2 220 with 4.3 speed, but Bishop just produces, and he’s available.

You’re right. Bishop def has more experience and is a more natural runner than Seldon right now just as far as seeing the field. Just obviously not as big. You can tell he’s been doing that forever though. Gonna need em all.

You’re right. Bishop def has more experience and is a more natural runner than Seldon right now just as far as seeing the field. Just obviously not as big. You can tell he’s been doing that forever though. Gonna need em all.
Yeah I get the feeling Bishop is just a plain ol good football player.

Didn't have the measurables coming out of high school, but he just produces.

Glad I am not the only 1 that is so high on Bishop. If he didnt get hurt last season, I think he would have been the top freshman RB last year. He was high mileage coming out of HS bc he carried the ball 30 times a game and put up huge yardage...getting hurt last year and having a year to rest his body a bit and get some things cleaned up with elite medical care, nutrition, physical therapy etc may be the best thing that could have possibly happened for him...though I am sure he didnt feel that way at the time. He wasnt gonna see the field on gameday last season regardless with the 3 guys already splitting carries ahead of him...getting hurt likely kept him from taking a beating all year in practice running against our SEC defense and allowed him to recover properly while getting the best care that UT money can buy.

He might not have the 40 time of Seldon, or the size of Keith...but he has great vision and RB skills. The guy is just a natural RB who runs really hard with no fear. It seems like he is just much more experienced at running the ball than Seldon or Keith. Unless Lewis shows up this fall and is somehow head and shoulders above the 3 sophomores in talent...which I highly doubt...i think Bishop can beat out the others for the RB2 slot this season if he can stay healthy. Guess we will find out!! I cant wait for ball season...this is the most excited i have been about a season in many years. GO VOLS

Glad I am not the only 1 that is so high on Bishop. If he didnt get hurt last season, I think he would have been the top freshman RB last year. He was high mileage coming out of HS bc he carried the ball 30 times a game and put up huge yardage...getting hurt last year and having a year to rest his body a bit and get some things cleaned up with elite medical care, nutrition, physical therapy etc may be the best thing that could have possibly happened for him...though I am sure he didnt feel that way at the time. He wasnt gonna see the field on gameday last season regardless with the 3 guys already splitting carries ahead of him...getting hurt likely kept him from taking a beating all year in practice running against our SEC defense and allowed him to recover properly while getting the best care that UT money can buy.

He might not have the 40 time of Seldon, or the size of Keith...but he has great vision and RB skills. The guy is just a natural RB who runs really hard with no fear. It seems like he is just much more experienced at running the ball than Seldon or Keith. Unless Lewis shows up this fall and is somehow head and shoulders above the 3 sophomores in talent...which I highly doubt...i think Bishop can beat out the others for the RB2 slot this season if he can stay healthy. Guess we will find out!! I cant wait for ball season...this is the most excited i have been about a season in many years. GO VOLS
I’m still not sure if Bishop is on scholarship or not, but there’s definitely politics with Walk-on va scholarship player.

Bishop picked up the blitz
Caught the ball easily
Always found daylight reading the line
He’s not 4.3 but he’s 4.5
Not 220 but 205

He checks all the boxes. If he stays healthy he’ll be in the rotation for sure. Seldon won’t be back till October. Wouldn’t be surprised if he RS just to get fully healed…

We’ll see. I’m still hoping for Seldon to comeback this year and take the 1a 1B spot beside Sampson just because he’s so talented

I’m still not sure if Bishop is on scholarship or not, but there’s definitely politics with Walk-on va scholarship player.

Caught the ball easily
Not 220 but 205

He checks all the boxes. If he stays healthy he’ll be in the rotation for sure. Seldon won’t be back till October. Wouldn’t be surprised if he RS just to get fully healed…

We’ll see. I’m still hoping for Seldon to comeback this year and take the 1a 1B spot beside Sampson just because he’s so talented
As his recruiting thread will substantiate, I was his biggest on board fan pushing for him to get a scholly offer or a PWO NIL deal. I watched LOTS of his games on Diamond Clear out of Knoxville and he is just a gamer. As said, he had LOTS of carries, but took very few bad hits. Always knew where the down marker was, but would force glancing contact or get OOB knowing he was getting the ball next snap as well, rather than get whacked for small additional gains once past the sticks. Would kind of do the limp back to the huddle deal and then maximize the next carry again. Not to mention he did all their kick returns too. Does his size and speed with savy translate to P5? Don't know. Valid question that can only be answered on the field. Hope I am right this time.... a few years back I was also all in on Beckwith. Still don't understand that guy.

Caught the ball easily
Not 220 but 205

Everyone has said Seldon will be back in time for fall practice…

Only reports I've heard, from Volquest and 247 have said he could be out until October.

Which is insane to me how a shoulder could be THAT bad. He had surgery in the middle of March and he won't be fine by August 31st?? That's already over 5 months.

Then again, Arion Carter still didn't fully practice and he hurt his shoulder in October last year (Bama game?)

Maybe they are just exaggerating it because they think he will take extra long because he's a RB?

Only reports I've heard, from Volquest and 247 have said he could be out until October.

Which is insane to me how a shoulder could be THAT bad. He had surgery in the middle of March and he won't be fine by August 31st?? That's already over 5 months.

Then again, Arion Carter still didn't fully practice and he hurt his shoulder in October last year (Bama game?)

Maybe they are just exaggerating it because they think he will take extra long because he's a RB?
RB and LB are basically the same when dealing with a shoulder injury. It's not that it takes that long to heal after surgery, it's a matter of the shoulder being healthy enough (surrounding muscles, tendons, and ligaments) to endure direct collision after collision daily. Jabari Small continually rushed back and he never got back to full health.

Heupel is saying September for Seldon…which in Heupel speak likely means October, but will be day to day for every game in September. Which means we are rolling with Sampson, Keith and Bishop for the first 4 games unless they go to the portal. I haven’t really heard a timetable for Lewis.

RB and LB are basically the same when dealing with a shoulder injury. It's not that it takes that long to heal after surgery, it's a matter of the shoulder being healthy enough (surrounding muscles, tendons, and ligaments) to endure direct collision after collision daily. Jabari Small continually rushed back and he never got back to full health.
Yeah, we are ok there. Let him get fully healthy before returning. Whatever that timeframe is, don’t rush it. Last thing he needs is continual shoulder problems.

Seldon, baring injury, will be 1B this year.

Yeah, we are ok there. Let him get fully healthy before returning. Whatever that timeframe is, don’t rush it. Last thing he needs is continual shoulder problems.
I like how the schedule sets up too. Getting a bye week after Oklahoma, so at worst we got to get through them before we have him back.

I know NC State is solid but...just feels like we overwhelm them at the LOS.

Reactions: LaagerVol
Heupel is saying September for Seldon…which in Heupel speak likely means October, but will be day to day for every game in September. Which means we are rolling with Sampson, Keith and Bishop for the first 4 games unless they go to the portal. I haven’t really heard a timetable for Lewis.
I’m won’t be surprised if Bishop starts the season as 1B. He has a real talent in reading the blocks to make positive yardage.

I wouldn't count on Seldon this year. I've not seen anyone have shoulder surgery and come back in an effective capacity in a few months time. It is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Ethan Davis hurt his shoulder in high school and still isn't 100. But who knows....

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
I wouldn't count on Seldon this year. I've not seen anyone have shoulder surgery and come back in an effective capacity in a few months time. It is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Ethan Davis hurt his shoulder in high school and still isn't 100. But who knows....
Ethan has said in interviews he is 100% from that back in 2023 lol we suppose to believe you over him?

Ethan has said in interviews he is 100% from that back in 2023 lol we suppose to believe you over him?
I'm not asking you or the mouse in your pocket to believe anything. That's ya'll's business. It's my opinion that people usually don't come right back in an effective capacity after shoulder surgery during the same year/season. If he does then it's a bonus, not a given. Also, I'm very glad to learn Davis is 100% "completely healthy" after suffering another injury. The point was that shoulder surgery takes time to recover from and that I personally don't have my hopes up that Seldon will be 100% and ready this season with the caveat that it is still possible albeit unlikely. I hope he does and I hope does awesome. I hope Davis breaks records this season. You act like I'm advocating for their absence or something. Not the case.

VN Store

Back