'19 TN ATH Adonis Otey (ARK Commit 8/1/18)

I really get the sense that the VQ staff is cut off from this coaching staff...there were multiple things leading up to signing day that turned out to be completely off base and their claims on the staffs interest in Otey seem to fall in that same category

Exactly

I really get the sense that the VQ staff is cut off from this coaching staff...there were multiple things leading up to signing day that turned out to be completely off base and their claims on the staffs interest in Otey seem to fall in that same category

It really has been like that since day one and they are still struggling. I hope it stays that way, but I do think those guys need to stop making declarative statements like they do when they don't know anything. Obviously it's pissing off the recruits a little.

This staff will probably keep then more at a distance on recruiting things. At least at first until he figures out who is trustworthy to keep things under wraps until he says so. That won't prevent then from getting info elsewhere from kids and people close to them

It really has been like that since day one and they are still struggling. I hope it stays that way, but I do think those guys need to stop making declarative statements like they do when they don't know anything. Obviously it's pissing off the recruits a little.

This is ironic because Hubbs doesn't make declarative statements.

Uh oh, you did it now.

I just think it takes time for the media to develop relationships with a new staff. Their info will get better when they have had a time to get to know one another.

Adonis Otey – Vol Recruiting Reports sounds like we are in pretty good standings with Otey according to this article and it also sounds like Pruitt plans to make him a priority

Adonis Otey – Vol Recruiting Reports sounds like we are in pretty good standings with Otey according to this article and it also sounds like Pruitt plans to make him a priority

I've said this all along. Things are fine and no 1 player relationship is based off of another. While our kids are very close knit especially the Murfreesboro guys. They all will go to school bust their arses and be players like the guys before them. CJP is a great evaluator of talent. We have a great relatiinship with him from his Hoovwr and 1st stint at Alabama, to UGA, to FSU, and bk to Bama. Same will be here. Our kids know him and Jalen talks glowingly about him. So in that case they know he's a good guy and coach.

Reactions: 10 people
I've said this all along. Things are fine and no 1 player relationship is based off of another. While our kids are very close knit especially the Murfreesboro guys. They all will go to school bust their arses and be players like the guys before them. CJP is a great evaluator of talent. We have a great relatiinship with him from his Hoovwr and 1st stint at Alabama, to UGA, to FSU, and bk to Bama. Same will be here. Our kids know him and Jalen talks glowingly about him. So in that case they know he's a good guy and coach.

This is exactly how we hoped our new coach would be seen out on the recruiting trail as well as the players doing what's best for them individually. Thanks for the input. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people

If jalens loves a guy it must be good. He def ain't scared to call anyone out like his former HC Jimbo lol

Reactions: 1 person
Not to toot my own horn, but I just whipped this up and Adonis retweeted it. (And Woodi Washington liked it). Pretty rad.

[twitter]971903686904635395[/twitter]

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back