'19 TN ATH Adonis Otey (ARK Commit 8/1/18)

Sure they can. I never heard of Woodi Washington until he dominated Knox during the Oakland v Blackman game this past year. It was easy to see him standout on the field. He made a ton of tackles and was in on a ton of plays.

I just don't recall seeing Otey stand out like that. Hopefully he does next season.
Trey never had a quarterback so dominating him wasn’t hard cause all he had was jump balls thrown all year and again otey had 10 passes thrown his way for maybe 2 catches and gave up no touchdown so yea it’s hard if they don’t come at u......

7d7b41155fa3289452e66201472ba48b.png

Austin mentioned Otey on the podcast today saying he’s close friends with Wilhoite. And Wilhoite cancelled a recent visit likely due to the fact the staff isn’t recruiting Otey.

Pruitts recruiting in state for the 19 class was a popular topic of conversation on the podcast. Seems our staff doesn’t think that highly of some of the in-state recruits that previously had offers and it might be rubbing some other recruits the wrong way.

However, VQ mods did say that our staff is doing really well with relationship building with high school coaches instate and they’re very high on the ‘20 class but maybe not as high on the ‘19 as the previous staff or recruiting rankings indicate.

Austin mentioned Otey on the podcast today saying he’s close friends with Wilhoite. And Wilhoite cancelled a recent visit likely due to the fact the staff isn’t recruiting Otey.

Pruitts recruiting in state for the 19 class was a popular topic of conversation on the podcast. Seems our staff doesn’t think that highly of some of the in-state recruits that previously had offers and it might be rubbing some other recruits the wrong way.

However, VQ mods did say that our staff is doing really well with relationship building with high school coaches instate and they’re very high on the ‘20 class but maybe not as high on the ‘19 as the previous staff or recruiting rankings indicate.

Very good summation of the first 20 minutes of the podcast.

Pruitt’s an idiot good grief

Reactions: 3 people

I hate that this could hurt the Wilhoite recruitment if true. At same time Pruitt needs to do what's best for team and not be pressured into package deals if he doesn't think it's right.

I wonder what he doesn't like about Otey.

He's not going to mind stepping on toes, either. Case in point: He's already made it known to some of the recruiting handlers out there in different communities that he's not going to be coaxed into signing players based purely on offers they might have from other schools, especially when those offers are courtesy offers to help a handler get his prospect into more doors.

-Chris Low/ESPN

Reactions: 6 people
These in state kids are getting too big for their britches. They need to look out that window. Plenty of talent out there and Pruitt will find it.

Last edited:
I hate that this could hurt the Wilhoite recruitment if true. At same time Pruitt needs to do what's best for team and not be pressured into package deals if he doesn't think it's right.

I wonder what he doesn't like about Otey.

His dad's spelling and sentence structure?

Reactions: 1 person
These in state kids are getting too big for their britches. They need to look out that window. Plenty of talent out there and Pruitt will find it.

And there are plenty of offers for them. I’m for getting the best possible players, but if we aren’t going to show loyalty to instate players then why should they show loyalty to us?

Pruitt’s an idiot good grief

You got three likes in that, and now I’m kinda interested in hearing why you think not going after some overrated players is a good thing? Especially when they are gonna go after some kids from the very same schools next cycle?

After watching legacy and instate players turn out to be duds the last several years, who cares where they are from

Reactions: 2 people
And there are plenty of offers for them. I’m for getting the best possible players, but if we aren’t going to show loyalty to instate players then why should they show loyalty to us?

We dont need to bend over backwards for them period. Putting on the Power T is a privilege.

We dont need to bend over backwards for them period. Putting on the Power T is a privilege.

You are correct.....but.

In state recruits will flock to UT....when UT starts being relevant again nationally. I'ts been said here 1000's of times, but UT hasn't been relevant since ...what '04?

These kids were 3/4 yrs old. They have never been fans of UT and some were probably not even born in-state.

For us...the 90's--'04 were not long ago. For these kids it was a lifetime ago. They will come back!

You are correct.....but.

In state recruits will flock to UT....when UT starts being relevant again nationally. I'ts been said here 1000's of times, but UT hasn't been relevant since ...what '04?

These kids were 3/4 yrs old. They have never been fans of UT and some were probably not even born in-state.

For us...the 90's--'04 were not long ago. For these kids it was a lifetime ago. They will come back!

Then recruit nationally to win and it will take care of itself.

Then recruit nationally to win and it will take care of itself.

UT has always been a national brand that sells everywhere. Since Fulmer left they sorta got out of the grove of challenging for California players. I liked when I saw them hitting up places like Hawaii and Utah again. Big men come from those places.

This kind of confuses me. Wasn't Wilhoite one that didn't care much for the former staff? And Otey was a former commit?

So, how is it now that Wilhoite is upset that Otey isn't being recruited by our current staff? I think Wilhoite had made comments that he liked the current staff. That just does not seem logical.

VN Store

Back