'19 TN ATH Adonis Otey (ARK Commit 8/1/18)

[twitter]961321393454551042[/twitter]

His response to the Quay video.

This kid, a former Commit, can F-off. Hope we don’t recruit him at all.

Reactions: 1 person
Good stuff man. I'm glad I'm not the only one who kind of thought he may project even better at safety than CB, especially in this kind of defense they are going to run. You have to think we are going to have a real good chance with a lot of these DB's with the incredible job Pruitt has done of putting so many into the NFL.

He’s a CB.... purely a CB.

ok, now I can't see the twitter, when I could before. What does this one say?

It's just laughing emoticons.

I was in a pissy mood yesterday due to our lackluster class and an having found out my more than fair offer to purchase a property was declined, and having to start the process all over. But still, it definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

In state kid and former commit to the team, laughing at a our school getting disrespected like that.

Ryan Callahan just put up a Crystal Ball for Otey to Oklahoma. Callahan usually doesn't make a prediction with out some solid intel. Just find it interesting to see a midstate guy possibly going to the Sooners.

Ryan Callahan just put up a Crystal Ball for Otey to Oklahoma. Callahan usually doesn't make a prediction with out some solid intel. Just find it interesting to see a midstate guy possibly going to the Sooners.

In most cases, I wouldn't even put much stock into a commitment this early

As I remember, it seems like someone said to not look for the new staff to pursue him all that hard.

Reading between the lines here, but I suspect Otey might be a little overrated. And before someone says, "but he has a Bama offer," I doubt that offer is commitable.

My middle daughter is a junior at Blackman, and I got to see 4 games last year and watched pretty closely to Otey, Knox, Teague and others.

Maybe it's just my limited evaluation capability, but he did not stand out very often. He looked better on offense in the limited way they used him. Maybe he shines this upcoming senior year, we will see.

IMO he is a special teams/3rd stringer at a SEC/upper P5 school, but would be a good player at a mid-tier school. Again, just my observation and your's may vary. Just for Blackman's team, I'd love to see him prove me wrong.

My middle daughter is a junior at Blackman, and I got to see 4 games last year and watched pretty closely to Otey, Knox, Teague and others.

Maybe it's just my limited evaluation capability, but he did not stand out very often. He looked better on offense in the limited way they used him. Maybe he shines this upcoming senior year, we will see.

IMO he is a special teams/3rd stringer at a SEC/upper P5 school, but would be a good player at a mid-tier school. Again, just my observation and your's may vary. Just for Blackman's team, I'd love to see him prove me wrong.

He’s got a sense of urgency this offseason. I think he’ll play well this Fall. But he’s a CB not a FS or nothing but strictly a CB. IMO

I watch every game and as a corner it’s hard to stand out if no one throws the ball ur way and u hardly gets the ball on offense so u may want to go check the whole film and not just Hudl

Look guys come watch a game before u talk about something u no nothin about this man was targeted 10 times the whole season if that and gave up no touchdown or big catches....I been following Rutherford co football closely and I no a lot of the kids but before ur fooled come watch a game.....a Corner can’t dominate a game all he can do is play his role

I watch every game and as a corner it’s hard to stand out if no one throws the ball ur way and u hardly gets the ball on offense so u may want to go check the whole film and not just Hudl

The post you quoted says he watched 4 whole games. So maybe read the whole post before you quote it.

Reactions: 2 people
Look guys come watch a game before u talk about something u no nothin about this man was targeted 10 times the whole season if that and gave up no touchdown or big catches....I been following Rutherford co football closely and I no a lot of the kids but before ur fooled come watch a game.....a Corner can’t dominate a game all he can do is play his role

QBs are terrible so he won’t be bothered much. Fans are crazy and think because prospects are being developed that it means HS football is improving. The prospects are better but HS football overall is still bad in the state of Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
.a Corner can’t dominate a game all he can do is play his role

Sure they can. I never heard of Woodi Washington until he dominated Knox during the Oakland v Blackman game this past year. It was easy to see him standout on the field. He made a ton of tackles and was in on a ton of plays.

I just don't recall seeing Otey stand out like that. Hopefully he does next season.

He said he watched 4 games and not HUDL. Just his opinion.

Edit: got Sleegro'd. I didn't keep reading.

VN Store

Back