TN and UConn in talks to resume series

The more sordid details about why Pat wanted to end this series aren't forthcoming. The Maya Moore episode is just the tip of the iceberg. Geno is just a lousy human being.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT?

The team ceases it's biggest rivalry over a SECRET that nobody wants to talk @. And the UT fans just cave in and accept that crap. This is absolutely outrageous that this type of coverrup is allowed to stand by Admins, Fans, and News Media.

What is the official story that our coach dropped the yearly series pitting the two top WCBB programs?

Silence is not acceptable in ANY form or fashion.

Reactions: 1 person
The more sordid details about why Pat wanted to end this series aren't forthcoming. The Maya Moore episode is just the tip of the iceberg. Geno is just a lousy human being.

Your post makes it sound as if you personally know WHY CPS ended the series. Please lay it out clearly and concisely for everyone.

WHAT IS THE ICEBERG YOU REFER TO?

You refer for CGA as a lousy human being. Surely, you're not making that statement on a feeling and the fact that CPS was against him.

“I asked him if he wanted to play,” Warlick said. “He said he would if I apologized to his fans, former players, Maya Moore, her mother. I’m not going to do that.”

If that is Geno's requests to resume the series, the answer is no and hell no. And, that had better be the position that Holly and UT sticks to. And, for asking for such a ridiculous request, double **** you, Geno.

Why is he asking that? (Assuming this quote is accurate) WHY? What does he think CHW needs to apologize for? What actually happened? Do you even know?

Why on earth is this still allowed to be swept under the rug?

Silence @ this should not be tolerated! By us or UConn fans. How can you say "**** you Geno" when you don't even know what happened? :crazy:

Nor would it be good to kiss Geno's ass by apologizing. If this is all true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't at this point, then no need to talk about resuming the games ever again.

Yep. That's it. Pat, Holly, and Geno have a secret, so we should drop the series and put both programs SECOND to their secret. Double up on the fact that our program is getting weaker and theirs stronger and we now have an iron clad case for weakening the sport and both programs. :bad:

There is NO WAY that this makes logical sense to you. No way. Why are we tolerating this freaking silence?!?!?!?

No need to play someone who has been proven a cheater

I am not defending him but what do you mean proven cheater? Smu football was a proven cheater, auburn football back in the late 80s, kentucky basketball in the 70s. All proven cheaters.

To date Geno has not been proven a cheater in the public square. Did he provide money and/or jobs to parents or a recruit? That definitely counts lol. Did he tell recruits UT was a lesbian factory? That's morally indefensible but its not cheating as defined by NCAA by laws.

Do you know how much morally indefensible **** is told to kids everyday being recruited I d1 athletics. Tons. It's not cheating.

if say Tenn lost,would it not prepare tenn to work harder? If they win ,,wow the coverage they would get..eather way LV stand to win
I can see this as being a one sided coin...We have nothing to win in this process. UConn will get some form of consideration for putting Tennessee in its place by beating them on a regular basis. Yes it would probably be good for UConn, not so much for Tennessee.

I am not a violent person but I would thoroughly enjoy watching or participating in a public beating of this piece of ****. He sucks as a person. I love women's basketball and let's face it....he is bad for the sport. He is taking a job away from a qualified woman. Go coach men you ****ing punk!!!! He's too scared to coach men. He knows he would get ran out of any gym by any men's basketball coach. What kind of dude routinely picks fights with other women???? A _____..... Okay, there's my point.....

“I asked him if he wanted to play,” Warlick said. “He said he would if I apologized to his fans, former players, Maya Moore, her mother. I’m not going to do that.”

When asked Tuesday if an apology was a prerequisite, Auriemma said: “I want to make sure that we set the record straight.

It appears to me Geno is not really interested in resuming the series. In asking for an apology before the series could resume, he put a requisite out there that he knew HW would have to refuse.

Reactions: 5 people
Hope we DON'T resume the series. I can't remember many times since 1999 when we actually beat them. They practically own us. They are faster than us and more physical. Also, the ref's always help them when ever they can get away with it.

I would rather NOT play them, than to lose to them 9 out of 10 times that we play and some of the games end in us getting blown out.

No thanks!!!!!!!!!

Jan. 1, 2000 UConn 81 U.T. 92 (Tenn)
Jan. 8, 2000 UConn 74 U.T. 67 (Conn)
Feb. 2, 2000 UConn 71 U.T. 72 (Tenn)
Apr. 2, 2000 UConn 71 U.T. 52 (UConn in a blow out)
Dec.3, 2000 UConn 81 U.T. 76 (UConn)
Feb.1, 2001 UConn 88 U.T. 91 (Tenn)
Jan. 5,2002 UConn 86 U.T. 72 (UConn in a blow out)
Mar. 29, 2002 UConn 79 U.T. 56 (UConn in a blow out)
Jan. 4, 2003 UConn 63 U.T. 62 (UConn)
Apr. 8, 2003 UConn 73 U.T. 68 (UConn)
Feb. 5, 2004 UConn 81 U.T. 67 (UConn in a blow out)
Apr. 6, 2004 UConn 70 U.T. 61 (UConn)
Jan. 8, 2005 UConn 67 U.T. 68 (Tenn)
Jan. 7, 2006 UConn 80 U.T. 89 (Tenn)
Jan. 6, 2007 UConn 64 U.T. 70 (Tenn)

Hope we DON'T resume the series. I can't remember many times since 1999 when we actually beat them. They practically own us. They are faster than us and more physical. Also, the ref's always help them when ever they can get away with it.

I would rather NOT play them, than to lose to them 9 out of 10 times that we play and some of the games end in us getting blown out.

No thanks!!!!!!!!!

The series usually went according to who had the superstar player(s). When Pat had the 3 'meeks' UT won, and again when she had CP. UConn won when Geno had Rebecca Lobo, then again with Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore. Right now UConn has the better players starting w/ Breanna Stewart, and if Geno gets A'ja Wilson, Holly should definitely not want any part of UConn.

I am not a violent person but I would thoroughly enjoy watching or participating in a public beating of this piece of ****. He sucks as a person. I love women's basketball and let's face it....he is bad for the sport. He is taking a job away from a qualified woman. Go coach men you ****ing punk!!!! He's too scared to coach men. He knows he would get ran out of any gym by any men's basketball coach. What kind of dude routinely picks fights with other women???? A _____..... Okay, there's my point.....

The forum rules prevents me from saying what kind of person you are.I am not a violent person this kind of posting is downright stupid
I would thoroughly enjoy watching or participating in a public beating of this piece of ****

He is taking a job away from a qualified woman. Go coach men you ****ing punk!!!! He's too scared to coach men.

Okay, there's my point.....

it is as good as your profile NOTHING

Reactions: 2 people
I am curious why we would ask Geno to revive the series if we had good reason to retire the series. What kind of response did we expect from Geno?
He does not need to play us. We have already given him the upper hand by looking like we were afraid to play him. This is perception.

If these statements are true then I don't see the series resuming while Geno is coach.

I don't think the series has the same luster anymore and WBB will survive if it doesn't continue.

I would not be surprised to see ND discontinue the series in the future because Geno is not a very nice person to deal with. But McGraw may not have the power that Pat had to do it. Not every progam has the luxury of cancelling a series like that. Who hates the arrogant winner?
I do.

I am more concerned with getting our program to the level we can make the final four. We are not ready to play UConn right now.

I think discontinuing the series may have been a blessing. Over the last few years we most likely would have lost by at leas 20 points in most games.

Maybe in the future when Geno has left the series may continue. But right now, who really cares. ESPN?

I, for one, would love them to play again. Do I think we are ready? Hell no...but I'm a firm believer you have to PLAY the best to BE the best. Maybe a few years of getting stomped ny UCONN and our players finally get tired of losing?!?! Losing to ND or Stanford hasn't seemed to do it just yet. And I think when Pat stepped down that is a perfect time to restart the series. It was Pat and Geno's feud...and they BOTH have moved on and put it behind them. Holly wants to play the best so she asked...I would too if I was the LV coach because right now, as much as I hate it, UCONN is the best. By no means do I think Holly needs to apologize to ANYONE tho. I think that request is just Geno being the unlikable guy he is.

I, for one, would love them to play again. Do I think we are ready? Hell no...but I'm a firm believer you have to PLAY the best to BE the best. Maybe a few years of getting stomped ny UCONN and our players finally get tired of losing?!?! Losing to ND or Stanford hasn't seemed to do it just yet. And I think when Pat stepped down that is a perfect time to restart the series. It was Pat and Geno's feud...and they BOTH have moved on and put it behind them. Holly wants to play the best so she asked...I would too if I was the LV coach because right now, as much as I hate it, UCONN is the best. By no means do I think Holly needs to apologize to ANYONE tho. I think that request is just Geno being the unlikable guy he is.

good post,,, I agree To me to lose is to try harder to win

The team ceases it's biggest rivalry over a SECRET that nobody wants to talk @. And the UT fans just cave in and accept that crap. This is absolutely outrageous that this type of coverrup is allowed to stand by Admins, Fans, and News Media.

What is the official story that our coach dropped the yearly series pitting the two top WCBB programs?

This can't be serious? Please explain under what premise you think YOU or any of the fans are entitled to that information. I would love to know the exact details about what happened to quench my curiosity. Outside of curiosity, there is certainly no 'claim' fans have over this information. Get over yourself.

Reactions: 3 people
good post,,, I agree To me to lose is to try harder to win

My post by NO means is meant to imply I like Geno...I can respect him and the coach that he is and still not like him. I'm just SO tired of hearing UCONN fans say the LVs are scared to play UCONN again. This is not the first article that has been written about Holly approaching Geno to play again. She clearly isn't scared of anything...and for me...it is GREAT to see she has that kind of attitude! That is what we need (along with an improved offense) to start being the pinnacle of WBB again!

This is what SUPPOSEDLY happened. Maya Moore was all but committed to U.T. But Geno convinced her and her grandmother to visit UConn.

While there, Geno lied to Maya Moore's grandmother and told her that the entire Lady Vols coaching staff were lesbians. So, her grandmother told her to NOT go to U.T.

Negative recruiting!!!!!!!

Maya Moore at UConn and they win championships. Maya Moore NOT at U.T. and we don't go past the Sweet 16!

There is your big secret that nobody wants to talk about.

"That is what we need (along with an improved offense) to start being the pinnacle of WBB again!"

If you look at the NCAA Ranking Summary it's obvious that while an improved offense would be a plus, the teams real problem is defense. UT defense ranks 65th in D1. On offense the only thing lacking is the number of 3 point shots taken per game.

Other areas that stand out - TO margin rank is 217th and assists ranks 58th.

NCAA& Ranking Summary

This is what SUPPOSEDLY happened. Maya Moore was all but committed to U.T. But Geno convinced her and her grandmother to visit UConn.

While there, Geno lied to Maya Moore's grandmother and told her that the entire Lady Vols coaching staff were lesbians. So, her grandmother told her to NOT go to U.T.

Negative recruiting!!!!!!!

Maya Moore at UConn and they win championships. Maya Moore NOT at U.T. and we don't go past the Sweet 16!

There is your big secret that nobody wants to talk about.

There are so many versions of that - one thing is certain - it wasn't Maya Moore's grandmother so your "story" is wrong in at least that respect.

Warlick is not very astute. Should we start playing connecticut again at some point? Yes. Should we start playing them now? No! We've fallen to a second tier program; why would we want to confirm that fact for the world by getting our butt kicked by geno? I want to say that Warlick should focus on putting a better basketball team on the court, but I'm not optimistic that she can.

VN Store

Back