Titans agree to terms with Jabari Small and Gabe Jeudy-Lally

Will someone that is a Titans fan please offer their opinion? Does Jabari have a shot at real playing time? I know Henry went to Baltimore but don't remember who is next on the RB depth chart. Jabari isn't a burner, however, he is fast enough while making people miss in the open field. He also blocked exceptionally well in pass protection. Happy for both of them. GBO!

Will someone that is a Titans fan please offer their opinion? Does Jabari have a shot at real playing time? I know Henry went to Baltimore but don't remember who is next on the RB depth chart. Jabari isn't a burner, however, he is fast enough while making people miss in the open field. He also blocked exceptionally well in pass protection. Happy for both of them. GBO!
He'll be lucky to make the roster (I hope he does)

They signed Tony Pollard and have Tyjae Spears who they drafted in the 3rd RD last year.

I will be extremely surprised if he's on the 53 man roster come August. Last year its was August 29th, so we probably won't know until close to then.

He'll be lucky to make the roster (I hope he does)

They signed Tony Pollard and have Tyjae Spears who they drafted in the 3rd RD last year.
I could see them taking a third back on the team. Pollard and Spears will be RBC. He might be practice squad material with an opportunity if an injury occurs.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

While we're making a call to Titans fans, curious what the feelings are around the team after the last 2 drafts? Levis seemed like a horrible pick at the time and doesn't look much better now. Spending on Ridley and Pollard didn't make much sense, particularly Ridley. Latham was a solid first round pick, but they could have just spent the Ridley money on a tackle in free agency and taken Odunze at that spot. Just seems like the team is overall bad at roster management, but maybe I'm missing something.

While we're making a call to Titans fans, curious what the feelings are around the team after the last 2 drafts? Levis seemed like a horrible pick at the time and doesn't look much better now. Spending on Ridley and Pollard didn't make much sense, particularly Ridley. Latham was a solid first round pick, but they could have just spent the Ridley money on a tackle in free agency and taken Odunze at that spot. Just seems like the team is overall bad at roster management, but maybe I'm missing something.

Having a meeting at titans house sometime soon over new psls but rumor is they will be three times as much as current ones. Better get a much better product going if they expect 12k for a club seat.

I could see them taking a third back on the team. Pollard and Spears will be RBC. He might be practice squad material with an opportunity if an injury occurs.
There’s no way he makes that roster without some serious injuries and even then they’d probably make a deal and trade for someone.

I actually liked the Levis pick. Im a big believer in taking premium positions in D1 and D2 of drafts (QB, WR, CB, DE, LT). The value and tools are there. Im just not sure he is being surrounded properly. You get the 5 most important positions cost-controlled for 5 years. Taking LGs, RBs, NT, ILB and RT/RG in D1 and D2 is what poverty franchises do.

The Titans have done the inverse if taking premium positions early. They give up D2 Draft Capital to sign a CB and pay at the top of the market and they give guys like Hopkins (age) and Ridley (multiple issues) huge deals. This type of approach leads to tight salary caps and leads to opportunistic teams to poach your beat player for pennies on the dollar..

Thankfully for the Titans, they are in a division with teams that one-up each other on dumb moves...

The opportunity is there for Lilly and Small to make NFL money next year (53 man or practice squad).

The RB room is light. Not sure Pollard can be a 300 carry bellcow and Spears is TBD.

The secondary addressed some if its MAJOR needs with Sneed but there's clearly some backup or practice squad roles spots available here..

I actually liked the Levis pick. Im a big believer in taking premium positions in D1 and D2 of drafts (QB, WR, CB, DE, LT). The value and tools are there. Im just not sure he is being surrounded properly. You get the 5 most important positions cost-controlled for 5 years. Taking LGs, RBs, NT, ILB and RT/RG in D1 and D2 is what poverty franchises do.

The Titans have done the inverse if taking premium positions early. They give up D2 Draft Capital to sign a CB and pay at the top of the market and they give guys like Hopkins (age) and Ridley (multiple issues) huge deals. This type of approach leads to tight salary caps and leads to opportunistic teams to poach your beat player for pennies on the dollar..

Thankfully for the Titans, they are in a division with teams that one-up each other on dumb moves...

I agree with taking premium positions early, and I think a competent QB with a day 2 pick is an awesome value. However, if that pick is Levis, I think it's a waste. From my perspective, he never did anything in college to warrant his draft stock. Then he got his shot last year (granted without an oline or weapons), and he only had 1 even remotely good performance after his debut. I just don't think he's a QB you can build around mostly because he hasn't dominated a game since he was a high schooler.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I agree with taking premium positions early, and I think a competent QB with a day 2 pick is an awesome value. However, if that pick is Levis, I think it's a waste. From my perspective, he never did anything in college to warrant his draft stock. Then he got his shot last year (granted without an oline or weapons), and he only had 1 even remotely good performance after his debut. I just don't think he's a QB you can build around mostly because he hasn't dominated a game since he was a high schooler.

Tannehill and Willis weren't the answer. The Titans have put themselves in a tough spot since they've drafted abysmally the past 5 years...they have to go out and sign FA at premium positions at top dollar, which leaves no room to sign a QB upgrade.

If Levis isn't the answer, you will have another chance in 2025 or 2026 to draft in Top 5 since the rest of the roster isn't going to lift bad QB play...

There are 3 similar quarterbacks who were drafted higher than college stats indicated. All had big arms, wasn't afraid to run, accuracy concerns, holding onto the ball concerns and played against lesser competition (and yes, playing opposite Clemson in the ACC qualifies as lesser)

Mitch Trubisky
Daniel Jones
Josh Allen

If Levis is close to Trubisky, the Titans will be drafting another QB in the next 2 years. If he is in between Jones and Allen, they have a chance to be playoff team if Ran surrounds him with enough talent.

The biggest fear would be he is Daniel Jones 2.0 and the Titans extend him at top end QB $$$

VN Store

Back