Timeouts

Just can't stop them. It's rocket science. 10 yard cushions on these receivers. You would think we were guarding Julio jones out there.

Good ole Lyle knows exactly when not to take a timeout.

Lyle couldn't coach a pee wee team

I also feel that games like these make it easier for Currie to fire him. If we go 8-4 and have a season full of games like these, Currie will make a change.

Remember when the Defense was gassed in the first half and Butch had three times outs in his pocket :thud:

Remember when Butch called time out in regulation when it appeared Tech would not get the ball snapped in time.

Whew, that was a close one :thud:

It was a great W last night don't get me wrong, but I'm pretty sure everyone that watched the game saw Butch waste an opportunity to call a timeout with 36 seconds left on the clock before halftime. Instead, he calls a timeout with 7 seconds left on the clock when GTech had the ball. Even the announcers said he should have took a timeout to settle things down and try to put some points on the board.

That's been one of his main weaknesses since he's been here at Tennessee. If he's still not learned from his mistakes, that's very concerning heading into SEC play.

His players can't bail him out every game like they did against GTech.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I thought his missed TO at the end of the first half was inexcusable.

However, I thought his use of the TO before the last kick was good. The more time they had to think about it, the more the pressure grew.

WTF with the time-outs last night. First he doesn't use them to save time at the end of the first half. Then he bails out GT on the last drive in regulation when they were going to have to use one of their own.

This is rookie stuff. What a joke. At least we won... :crazy:

VN Store

Back