Thoughts, opinions on the legacy class

UTblood4life

Master of Shower Etiquette
Under this regime
How do you think the legacy class would have done under Heupel including Kamara

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DuckInAPen
But we did. They were the Champions of Life. *puke*

When Butch said that, I was immediately reminded of a line Barry Switzer wrote in his autobiography, after he was told he could keep his job in 1984 if Oklahoma went 10-2 and beat Texas and Nebraska--"If I go 10-2 and lose to Kansas State and Iowa State, that's when you should fire me."

And that's about what Butch did in 2016. What a real coach might have done in '15 and '16...

But we did. They were the Champions of Life. *puke*

When Butch said that, I was immediately reminded of a line Barry Switzer wrote in his autobiography, after he was told he could keep his job in 1984 if Oklahoma went 10-2 and beat Texas and Nebraska--"If I go 10-2 and lose to Kansas State and Iowa State, that's when you should fire me."

And that's about what Butch did in 2016. What a real coach might have done in '15 and '16...
Agreed the talent wasted

It was a NC level roster squandered by the most incompetent game day coach in TN history. We certainly would have beat Bama, OU and UF in 2015. We'd at least have played in the SECCG. 2016 the team already quit on Butch and themselves by the end of the 1st quarter against Bama, they were really lucky to have won against App St and VTech. We nearly lost to Ohio as well. 2017 the team had 0 fight outside a few players.

It takes a special kind of stupid to take that 15 squad and lose 4 regular season games. F Butch Jones.

It was a NC level roster squandered by the most incompetent game day coach in TN history. We certainly would have beat Bama, OU and UF in 2015. We'd at least have played in the SECCG. 2016 the team already quit on Butch and themselves by the end of the 1st quarter against Bama, they were really lucky to have won against App St and VTech. We nearly lost to Ohio as well. 2017 the team had 0 fight outside a few players.

It takes a special kind of stupid to take that 15 squad and lose 4 regular season games. F Butch Jones.
Agreed
2014,2015,2017 should have been wins
2014 lost 10-9
2015 lost 28-27 couldn't stop any 4th down
2017 lost on a hail Mary

Maybe Dillon Bates would've actually done something? Biggest head-scratcher of that class by far.

Also, with his speed Evan Berry would've been involved in this offense in some capacity! Another head-scratcher!

Well, Lyle Allen insisted on using a spread offense. Josh uses a version of the spread. We might have been better, but still not a solid defense. The OL was somewhat porous. So, at the risk of being drawn and quartered, I say we may have seen a marginal year one improvement record-wise. As you saw, JH's first year was promising, but not great. Second year, likely to run away from everybody, a big reason would be that Dobbs was a dangerous third RB, despite being the QB. DANGEROUS. Third year, repeat NC.

VN Store

Back