Thoughts on the OL and some hope

I hope this opened the guys eyes up on the O Line and they can watch film on what went wrong and continue to get better. I'm glad we're starting the same guys against UGA, hopefully the continuity plus them having to grow up some in the OU game will help them to gel as a unit.

On a off topic side not....I live with 3 Razorback fans out here in Hog country. My roommate just asked me if he thinks our O Line will be better next year, his response was " I don't know why you think they'll be any better." I said you do realize we are starting 3 true freshman on our line, right? He goes "Nobody starts freshman, surely you guys have walk ons". People don't understand how bare Dooley left the cupboard, and apparently in Arkansas you don't see any improvement from your players after a year of football or understand football in general. Pissed me off.

So i dont understand a snap count in general, i played ball for a while on the OL. The hs coaching staff would address the timing constantly but watching a college team and this game especially Marcus Jackson looks back taps Mack Crowder and the count one Mississippi, two Mississippi snap...every offensive snap. I understand the comments on crowd noise but as a leader Jackson has to put a number of fingers up on Crowders leg and the count must change or the line and backers know the count and pin their ears back like they did

Where is Dylan Wiseman who played a lot last year? I thought he would be a starter this year for sure before the season started at one of the guard spots.

One thing that I noticed watching the replay is that 3-4 of the times Worley was hit, it was because a lineman or TE made a mental mistake and missed an assignment.

The upside to that is that mental mistakes are very correctable. If our OL/TEs can just learn to mesh a bit better and cut out those mental mistakes, it will help our offense a lot.

One thing that I noticed watching the replay is that 3-4 of the times Worley was hit, it was because a lineman or TE made a mental mistake and missed an assignment.

The upside to that is that mental mistakes are very correctable. If our OL/TEs can just learn to mesh a bit better and cut out those mental mistakes, it will help our offense a lot.

Agree. The OU game was a first class education. This group seems willing to learn and adapt, and has character and pride.

VN Store

Back