Thoughts on Presbyterian Game 1

How did Fulkerson look?[/QU

I think he looked more comfortable than he did the Carson-Newman game. Rust is slowly getting knocked off his game.

Anyone seen an update on Pons. After coming out with the ankle, looked like he was favoring it the second half warmups and even at the end of the game could see a slight limp.

Have to say Bone is playing like I hoped he would. Many he is fast and can get some height. The pass he blocked last night was amazing.

Looking forward to seeing this team silence some of the naysayers.

Reactions: 1 person
Looked like a guy that's playing his way back into game shape.
Always around the ball. 5 assists?
Should improve immensely as the season progresses.

Yep, he's a baller! I hope he has a great comeback season.

Very impressive. Almost awesome inside.

We played the game without our best player (Robert Williams) and our starting pg (JJ Caldwell).

Tyler Davis is a load, and the new guards Starks and the guard from Marquette are solid, something we lacked last year out of the guard position. Plus, Hogg doesn't have to be a playmaker, something he struggled at last year.

Overall a very solid performance. I'm going to be a bit critical and say there were a few times guys got lost on defense, but Presbyterian wasn't good enough to make us pay. Additionally, need to learn to play D without fouling. To be fair, though, we were very effective in our pressure D in terms of forcing turnovers which is something we didn't do quite well enough last season.

Offensively I was very impressed. Vols scored inside and out at an efficient rate. The backcourt is better than what we saw last season which will be huge going forward. Williams and Schofield are a really difficult duo to shut down. I would put this team in the 5-7 range in the SEC. Definitely not 13th. Excited to watch this team continue to develop!

Reactions: 1 person
Make no mistake, Presbyterian stinks. Bad.

That's true, but gave us a chance to look at a lot of different line ups and situations in a game that counts. Exhibition quality opponent which everyone plays somewhere in their schedule.
The quality opponents are coming soon enough and in mass..

Thanks for the summary BTO. :hi:

Not sure why the highlights and post game press conference aren’t on YouTube. Looks like UT might be changing the way they do video. Which sucks if true.

Not sure why the highlights and post game press conference aren’t on YouTube. Looks like UT might be changing the way they do video. Which sucks if true.

Typical UTAD, if it ain't broke they'll fix it. If it is broke, they'll ignore it for as long as possible (see football team) while raising ticket prices. :eek:k:

Bleed...nice...well, we kicked cupcake azz and left...wanna see against better teams...:)

GO VOLS!

Yes, I looked for them too on the UTSports.com site and I couldn't find them either. Maybe, it's just for this game only.

This will be a defensive minded team and Bowden looks like he could be Chris Lofton 2.0 on the offensive end. The Battle 4 Atlantis tournament will be a better barometer of what UT's team will look like over the long haul of the season.

This will be a defensive minded team and Bowden looks like he could be Chris Lofton 2.0 on the offensive end. The Battle 4 Atlantis tournament will be a better barometer of what UT's team will look like over the long haul of the season.

I feel like JaJuan Smith is a pretty good comparison for Bowden, really like what he brings night in and night out.

Reactions: 2 people
Knowing what we have coming back and addition of Walker,Daniel and healthy Fulkerson this is a good team. After watching Kentucky, Tennessee will be better ! Don't know if we will be near top or Kentucky is just not very good.

VN Store

Back