Thoughts On Next Years Roster

She's the head coach at .... tho!

Sorry, assistant coach for the Lady Vols helping to restore the luster is looks way better than head coach at most schools. ijs

Yeah no....She would be the head coach here not an assistant....her and her staff would coach circles around Holly and staff

wuteva? How many Elite 8s? How many Sweet Sixteens? She can come and be an assistant. I think that would be ok or Semeka Randall.

Yep. Victoria Patrick from Orlando. She's a great scorer and can stretch the defense beyond the arc. SC has the inside game, they just need guards that can space the floor and shoot the three. Patrick is being brought in to score.

What about Duckett? Will you guys be getting her back?

Dunbar(Transfers due to lack of playing time)
Nared (Transfers to be close to home and wants to be "the star")

that is a big assumption

Dunbar loves her some Lady Vols and Nared is getting the playing time to be the Star

Reactions: 2 people
Even if there is a transfer or two and no recruits coming in, Tennessee still has the talent to be a very very good team. If a new staff comes in that players can buy into, they could be a top 5-10 team next year. They'll still have:

Diamond Deshields-one of the most talented players in the nation. When she is on, she's as dynamic as anybody in the country. She's capable of torching really good teams.

Mercedes Russell-she hasn't panned out to be the #1 recruit, but she's a skilled 6-6 center and has done well with USA basketball and has all the tools to be great. She needs more touches, better coaching, better footwork, better positioning defensively and to be more aggressive offensively, but all of the tools are there. Find a coach who can develop talent and Russell could become a star.

Te'a Cooper-She has a really nice jumper, is a good athlete but has a ways to go with her decision making. Moriah Jefferson looked a bit out of control at UCONN as a freshman and has evolved into the premier point guard in the country. I don't think she has the tools that Jefferson does, but she does have the tools to be a very very good point guard and a good coach could do wonders for her.

Jaime Nared-A skilled forward who is capable of doing everything well. She has her ups and downs, but regardless of coaching, I'd look for her to breakthrough in a more major role next season. She has size, physical ability and skills to be a good scorer.

Andraya Carter-A very streaky shooter, but Carter can be a nuisance as a defender. She is one of the best on ball and pressing guards in the SEC. She just needs to bring that tenacity every game. A good coach can bring it out in her.

Jordan Reynolds-I think she could be a really great player. She has great size and demeanor on the court. She's capable of hitting shots and getting teammates involved.

Not to mention Alexa Middleton, Kortney Dunbar, and Meme Jackson.

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on bringing in a transfer like Taya Reimer, who has quit on her team twice mid season. The same incoming potential recruits people think could be program saviors aren't on anybody's top 100 recruit list, and from comments people say they don't have the athletic ability to compete for a solid D1 program, or if they do they are raw projects who will not be able to contribute next season.

On the roster next year there are 7 McDonald's AAs coming back, 3 top 10 recruits, and 5 top 20 kids. Even if 1-2 transfer, there will still be 5, and with good coach who can get players to buy into their system, they could go far.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back